Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trip Report: Manny goes to MD
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

Today I took Danny for a walk in the sunshine. After a week in a dark basement, Danny looked great with his new gear reduction starter and T3 mount bushing, as well as some random painted bits.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I introduced Danny to his new friend, CajaAgua. They played hard to get for several hours, but after rotating the engine a bit at the pulley, I managed to join them. I will respect their privacy from here on out, and to be honest, this thread is getting a little weird. Thanks for coming along on our little trip.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

Do you know a good midwife in about 6 months?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

The pic looks like the back of VW Joe. Great guy, straight shooter.
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

You are correct sir.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

i feel bad for missing this thread when Bob posted it. fantastic stuff.

BiWerks Design, LLC
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

^^^ It's just as good with the second read. I noticed subtleties that I missed the first time through. The colonoscopy was a bit weird but the sunset scene still brings a tear to my eye. I have a new found love for Hartford too.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
^^^ It's just as good with the second read. I noticed subtleties that I missed the first time through. The colonoscopy was a bit weird but the sunset scene still brings a tear to my eye. I have a new found love for Hartford too.

imagine walking down the sidewalk and some guy drags a transmission out, plops it on the sidewalk, takes a photo, tosses the tranny back in and drives off.

amazing.

BiWerks Design, LLC
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

Little update on Danny. Took the van up to the White Mountains overnight, camping out and eating well with the dog:

Then it was time to change the gear oil out after about 200 miles total. Danny has been shifting nicely and I have had no issues so far. Looking at the magnet seemed good. There was enough sheen to make Martin proud.

Overall I would say I am pleased. Props to VWJOE in Maryland for offering an economical option for a transmission swap. In the end, we will only know the real truth after XX,XXX miles. Until then, happy trails.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report: Manny goes to MD Reply with quote

bobhill8 wrote:

to be that relaxed...

BiWerks Design, LLC
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: