Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My new 1967 T1
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Here's my 1967 Splitty. Previous owner imported it from Washington in 2012 to Holland. He restored it for 4 years and drove it only 900 miles. It's almost like new. I bought it last week and want to add a Westfalia fridge and table. And some other changes I will have done by Reprowesty here in Holland.
It's a Combi but transformed into a campervan with a sort of pre-55 look. I love it and drove it for a few times last week with my wife and 2 children. I will post updates/upgrades!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Looks great. I really like those wide white wall tires. At first glance, the only thing I see different......and maybe it's because in some places over there y'all (yes, I can say the word "y'all") drive on the wrong side of the road....but it looks like your headlight lenses are in the buckets 180 degrees wrong. In other words, the "shaded" part of the edge of the lens should be towards the outside and not the inside.
Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Thanks! Hahaha!

Thanks for noticing. I will have new ones replaced so the problem will be solved.
BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

No need to replace them, just take them apart and flip them around if you are so inclined to do so. Here's how you do it:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=372189
Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Yeah, but they look pretty used. Scratched, pitted anf the glass is "foggy".
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

BonTonRoulet,

in Europe only the UK drive on "the other side" of the road. even sweden switched over 50 years ago.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Mach2 wrote:
Here's my 1967 Splitty. Previous owner imported it from Washington in 2012 to Holland. He restored it for 4 years and drove it only 900 miles. It's almost like new. I bought it last week and want to add a Westfalia fridge and table. And some other changes I will have done by Reprowesty here in Holland.
It's a Combi but transformed into a campervan with a sort of pre-55 look. I love it and drove it for a few times last week with my wife and 2 children. I will post updates/upgrades!

bus looks really nice. I like the no-blinker look. I am a semaphore (winker) guy.

pressed bumpers are through 58, so let's call it "sort of pre-59" look. Germany had semaphores through 59. as in no front blinkers. 59 had the newer bumpers, though.

what tail lights are you running?

Uli

BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
BonTonRoulet,

in Europe only the UK drive on "the other side" of the road. even sweden switched over 50 years ago.

Sweden? As in Sweden Alabama? Been there twice but it's been a long time ago. Very Happy
Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Thanks Uli!

Here's the back:

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

BonTonRoulet wrote:
mandraks wrote:
BonTonRoulet,

Sweden? As in Sweden Alabama? Been there twice but it's been a long time ago. Very Happy

never know what those cats in alabama are up to Smile

Uli

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Mach2 wrote:
Thanks Uli!

Here's the back:

so the back is stock 67 then, wide hatch, backup lights, and the larger 62 and up taillights.

the older ones would look quite different in the back.

you really just have a stockish 67 with pressed bumpers and without front blinkers. Still looks nice, though.

Uli

Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Yes, I was aware of that. 👍
Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

I changed some dashparts to the ivory ones. I think it looks way better than the black. Soon there will be a Banjo steering wheel in ivory color.

Mach2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: My new 1967 T1 Reply with quote

Today I installed them. Totally happy with both! The steering wheel felt somewhat flimsy but after banging the 3 nuts on the spokes to the horn button, it was nice and tight!

The radio sounds awesome and looks so nice! I added the microphone for calling and the USB port for charging my phone.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: