Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
Being one of the first to respond you will not only get pride in being the first to send me money, but I will sign the first part you buy.

AWESOME

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

It's almost embarrassing to be apart of a community that would rather see someone fail then bring another venue to invigorate our hobby a touch further. Best of luck with the mag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a lot of anger about this whole venture and I don't really get why? Vote with your wallet. If you like the idea, and choose to support it by your own free will, then sign up. If it's not your jam, move on. Why so much hostility about it?
Lots of businesses have similar 'Founders Club' type options. My local brewery allows a limited number of people to pay a set amount, which gives them their own beer mug to keep there, discounts on beer, and other perks. Nobody is flaming the brewery for running a scam, or in a panic because if they close down shop, their $200 is gone. It's about supporting a business you want to see succeed. But it's a totally optional thing.

Personally, I think bringing back the magazine is cool. Would I drop $200 on it? Probably not. But would I buy a copy if I found it in the local book store for $10? Definitely. I like tangible things. That's why I still like going to the store to buy CD's (remember those?), when I know I could download it on my phone for cheaper in about 15 seconds. I'm sure all the info for the tech articles that could be printed could also be found online. But I would enjoy opening up a magazine to see what's up.

I think anyone who wants to run any VW related business is doing the hobby a favour. I'm sure there are bigger and more profitable areas someone could invest in, rather than the relatively narrow market of air cooled Volkswagens, so I applaud anyone who follows their passion and betters the VW scene.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
It's almost embarrassing to be apart of a community that would rather see someone fail then bring another venue to invigorate our hobby a touch further. Best of luck with the mag.

So you sent $200? if not why?

No one is saying they wouldn't buy a magazine, it's just asking to provide the seed money and not getting anything of real value. It would be different if you got a lifetime subscription for $200.

Sorry but if i'm going to "donate" money, I rather send it to feed people and not help a "for profit" business get started.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
There seems to be a lot of anger about this whole venture

no anger..but it's april fools day

Personally, I think bringing back the magazine is cool. Would I drop $200 on it? Probably not. But would I buy a copy if I found it in the local book store for $10? Definitely. I like tangible things. That's why I still like going to the store to buy CD's (remember those?), when I know I could download it on my phone for cheaper in about 15 seconds. I'm sure all the info for the tech articles that could be printed could also be found online. But I would enjoy opening up a magazine to see what's up.

I think anyone who wants to run any VW related business is doing the hobby a favour. I'm sure there are bigger and more profitable areas someone could invest in, rather than the relatively narrow market of air cooled Volkswagens, so I applaud anyone who follows their passion and betters the VW scene.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
It's about supporting a business you want to see succeed. But it's a totally optional thing.

I see you opted not to support theSamba since you don't have a
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
next to your name.

Here's your opportunity to show some love.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/premium_membership.php

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

GREAT!!

Now that I've got your attention, to send money to be part of my CNC vw part venture send money IMMEDIATELY to:

AF inc.
1st Month ave.
Nigeria

You will be sent your part in (a month or year or two)COD, but don't worry, it will be sent with a check to cover the cost you sent for the part along with additional money to cover the cost of sending the part.
Just pay the COD amount to the shipper and then just deposit the check into your bank account. we are adding a little extra as well for your inconvenience.

You must do this IMMEDIATELY before that show airs.. the greed one...
BUT DON"T WORRY, that is just TV, it's NOT REAL, pay no attention to it

April fools people![/b]

SERIOUSLY though, I do have some great ideas of products to make, but i just can't afford a CNC on my own to take a chance on them. Anyone out there want to partner up? could use a water jet, EDM, laser as well...

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the kind words of support!

I look at it this way; People that want to support something will support it, those that don't, won't. There are ALWAYS people out there that want to sit back and be an armchair quarterback and forecast the demise of something before it gets off the ground. Hell, I've even done that before, which I regret now, in retrospect.

The bottom line is we live in a country that's all about choice. YOU get to decide where you spend you effort, time, sweat, and resource.

I'm just thankful for an amazing community of VW enthusiasts who have such a wide variety of tastes and preferences. Which is what's going to make the new VW Trends a great magazine.

Thanks in advance for your support. Can't wait to get your feedback on the first issue!

~ Dan

Wanna be a part of the re-birth of VW Trends? Go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and choose a level of involvement, thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Dan,

No one wants you to fail, it's jsut the way you're asking for seed money with the promise of getting something that YOU say is of value. Only time will tell.

Like I said, it would be different if there was a lifetime subscription included.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Thanks to all for the kind words of support!

I look at it this way; People that want to support something will support it, those that don't, won't. There are ALWAYS people out there that want to sit back and be an armchair quarterback and forecast the demise of something before it gets off the ground. Hell, I've even done that before, which I regret now, in retrospect.

The bottom line is we live in a country that's all about choice. YOU get to decide where you spend you effort, time, sweat, and resource.

I'm just thankful for an amazing community of VW enthusiasts who have such a wide variety of tastes and preferences. Which is what's going to make the new VW Trends a great magazine.

Thanks in advance for your support. Can't wait to get your feedback on the first issue!

~ Dan

Wanna be a part of the re-birth of VW Trends? Go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and choose a level of involvement, thanks in advance!

Best of luck

As I said earlier, I'm sure I'll come across a copy at some point if it takes off..
And will be more than happy to give feedback.

Not interested in subscribing, but as you mentioned the first yr will be subscription only??, I guess my feedback will be on the 6th?? issue?

When do you anticipate individual copies to be avail on a news stand or in airports? that's when I'm a buyer..one issue at a time
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn!

I hear you, and please know that I take ALL feedback that's been posted here to heart and consider everything.

~ Dan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
CanStan wrote:
It's about supporting a business you want to see succeed. But it's a totally optional thing.

next to your name.

Come on Glenn. I didn't see your name on the wall of donors at my local Children's Hospital. So I guess you don't want to see kids succeed since you opted not to support them? That's pretty cold of you to feel that way.

Not everyone is in a financial position to support every single venture they come across. That's why sometimes you have to pick and choose, and eventually each cause will get a piece of your wallet.

Also, Glenn, didn't you say about 5 posts up that if you're going to "donate" money, you'd rather send it to feed people and not help a "for profit" business get started? Now I'm not in any way implying Everett is the kingpin of a billion dollar empire here. I know he does an amazing amount of work to keep this site alive. And I do appreciate it as do thousands of others.
But you're not implying The Samba is the equivalent need to feeding starving people, are you?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Glenn wrote:
CanStan wrote:

next to your name.

Come on Glenn. I didn't see your name on the wall of donors at my local Children's Hospital. So I guess you don't want to see kids succeed since you opted not to support them? That's pretty cold of you to feel that way.

Not everyone is in a financial position to support every single venture they come across. That's why sometimes you have to pick and choose, and eventually each cause will get a piece of your wallet.

Also, Glenn, didn't you say about 5 posts up that if you're going to "donate" money, you'd rather send it to feed people and not help a "for profit" business get started? Now I'm not in any way implying Everett is the kingpin of a billion dollar empire here. I know he does an amazing amount of work to keep this site alive. And I do appreciate it as do thousands of others.
But you're not implying The Samba is the equivalent need to feeding starving people, are you?

I've donated every penny I received from the government stimulus to both Long Island Harvest which feeds hungry families on Long island and to the Steven Siller (Tunnel to Towers) foundation that pays off the mortgages for fallen first responders.

That's around $6000.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:

So you sent $200? if not why?

No one is saying they wouldn't buy a magazine, it's just asking to provide the seed money and not getting anything of real value. It would be different if you got a lifetime subscription for $200.

Sorry but if i'm going to "donate" money, I rather send it to feed people and not help a "for profit" business get started.

That's your choice, just like it's someone's choice if they choose support VWT with their time, photos, builds or anything else. I just find it's rude to insult Dan, his team and anyone that does donate. It's their business if they send money, who cares. If the magazine is good read it...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Thanks Glenn!

Dan,

I wish you much success.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey vwinnovator,

As far as newsstand/grocery store/airports go, that's down the line. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, getting on the newsstand is a WHOLE different beast with it's own set of rules, payoffs, etc.

Right now, we're focusing on subscription and getting it in to local VW parts shops across the country. I think I'd rather support locals VW shops carrying the magazine than spend $$$$$ on a newsstand service (for right now), as we grow, that will be a different story, if it makes financial sense.

Oh, and for those who are interested, Everett did get back with me and I bought a banner ad, which should go live in rotation on the site today.

~ Dan

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
I just find it's rude to insult Dan,

I don't think I ever insulted Dan and if I did, I apologize.

I've said my piece and i'll let others add their comments.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I just wish this thread would be locked. We as a community have been told time and time again by Dan Ledbetter (using Gorilla advertising) that there will be a new VW Trends magazine. He has beat us to death with this. And since he has chosen not to be a member of this community and support us with his knowledge (new member 2020) why should we now support him. It really is that simple. It is not a question of whether we would read another VW magazine, it is how it is being done. Contribute, at what level, man this is a COMMERCIAL VENTURE. STOP THIS "ROLLING AD" now. Again, as I explained earlier, this is NOT THE PLACE for an ad for a magazine. Every ad or post that he makes, Ledbetter closes with his pimping or selling his new VW Trends. This forum is for an exchange of ideas.......NOT THE SELLING OF A MAGAZINE. LOCK THIS THREAD UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Glenn wrote:
CanStan wrote:

next to your name.

thing about this site is it offers the public an enormous about of FREE advertising and information.
FREE FREE FREE

I pay regularly for featured ads, and I also place many FREE ads.
a choice of how you wish to advertise
AND FREE submittal/availability of content and information.

It's a virtual magazine in itself!!
has all the components except paid subscribers

this site has a beauty of its own and has survived years because of it, despite the up and down cycles of the vw culture.

odds are though that if ads fees were mandatory and subscriptions charged for, it would fade away

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey vwinnovator,

As far as newsstand/grocery store/airports go, that's down the line. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, getting on the newsstand is a WHOLE different beast with it's own set of rules, payoffs, etc.

Right now, we're focusing on subscription and getting it in to local VW parts shops across the country. I think I'd rather support locals VW shops carrying the magazine than spend $$$$$ on a newsstand service (for right now), as we grow, that will be a different story, if it makes financial sense.

Oh, and for those who are interested, Everett did get back with me and I bought a banner ad, which should go live in rotation on the site today.

~ Dan

Well put your money where your mouth is then, cause guess who has a vw only shop.. repairs, restorations, racing, engines and more.same location over 20yrs (guess I'm successful) can't get any deeper into support of the vw hobby than spending most of your life in it..
Built some first place full custom car (which oddly another magazine didn't want to feature..politics i guess) can't understand why a first place winner at a huge farmington show wouldn't want to be featured..but is what it is..
Recently acquired a few famous race cars as well...be great for a were are they now article Wink

Send me a dozen FREE copies and I'll put them out and see who buys.
I'll send the proceeds once they sell, promise.
Won't even charge you for shelf space, my gift to you for supporting the magazine and supporting the vw world.

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: