Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BAT Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
And then today…this SC. Looks familiar but maybe I am thinking about another SC with this logo

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-single-cab-transporter/

And as usual too many irrelevant comments on a dog in photos…it is not “Bring a Kennel”

The color looks off for dove blue.
And the Porsche logos are lame, like they are stuck on there just cause he heard he’d get more for it from some Porsche nut. If you are going to go the tribute route at least paint it red.
Other than that it looks like a nice truck. Probably will fetch somewhere in the high $30ks.

So many nitpicks.

No door pockets
Church key bracket is for later model bus
No pedal pan
Oh look, Safaris on a commercial!
Passenger tires with a load rating of 87
Warm air intake to air cleaner not connected
No lower tins on engine
No heat exchangers for heating

But I guess the tool kit with the random tools makes up for it.

Commercial buses and trucks could be ordered with Safari windows.

The door shut lines and waves on the doglegs and treasure-chest-side rocker panel point to what might be some cut-corner bodywork. I know these things were far from perfect when new, but it seems like those details could be better.
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

funny - that dove blue version looks like a 59 that was for sale down here in orlando (saw it in person at a spring bulli, too). too much white in the color mix. guy said he asked for dove blue from a paint store and that was what he got, figured it must be right.... I showed him the half dozen+ dove blues at the show and he realized his mistake.
...david - '66 SO-44 #231
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

No Reserve: 1962 Volkswagen Type 2 Camper
Current Bid: $15,850 Ends In: 2 days

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-bus-10/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
bobrk wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
And then today…this SC. Looks familiar but maybe I am thinking about another SC with this logo

And as usual too many irrelevant comments on a dog in photos…it is not “Bring a Kennel”

And the Porsche logos are lame, like they are stuck on there just cause he heard he’d get more for it from some Porsche nut. If you are going to go the tribute route at least paint it red.
Other than that it looks like a nice truck. Probably will fetch somewhere in the high $30ks.

So many nitpicks.

No door pockets
No pedal pan
No lower tins on engine

The door shut lines and waves on the doglegs and treasure-chest-side rocker panel point to what might be some cut-corner bodywork. I know these things were far from perfect when new, but it seems like those details could be better.

How about the late model nose/dash with the round cornered speedo pod and round headlight buckets?

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bobrk wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

So many nitpicks.

No door pockets
No pedal pan
No lower tins on engine

How about the late model nose/dash with the round cornered speedo pod and round headlight buckets?

I don't think I ever looked inside. Ouch.
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bobrk wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

So many nitpicks.

No door pockets
No pedal pan
No lower tins on engine

Wow, would have never noticed it, but that's why I hang out on this website. I didn't even realize there were different pod shapes.

I thought my window rubber work was bad, but this is worse.

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Ended at $29500 with moderate level of last minute activity

MrPolak wrote:
No Reserve: 1962 Volkswagen Type 2 Camper
Current Bid: $15,850 Ends In: 2 days

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-bus-10/

Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bobrk wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

So many nitpicks.

No door pockets
No pedal pan
No lower tins on engine

Wow, would have never noticed it, but that's why I hang out on this website. I didn't even realize there were different pod shapes.

I thought my window rubber work was bad, but this is worse.

Getting spicy, possible accidental bid of $47k, with one hour to go...

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

look at it now!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

$85,000
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

holy cow! Shocked
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
$85,000

That one is a puzzler.
Pretty much a daily driver level restoration, so much incorrect and then there is the issue of the front clip. Wood slats missing…so why so much? All I can figure is it’s the Porsche stickers on the sides. I think if you put Porsche stickers on a Radio Flyer it would double it’s real value, too.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
BulliBill wrote:
$85,000

That one is a puzzler.
Pretty much a daily driver level restoration, so much incorrect and then there is the issue of the front clip. Wood slats missing…so why so much? All I can figure is it’s the Porsche stickers on the sides. I think if you put Porsche stickers on a Radio Flyer it would double it’s real value, too.

Puffy, misaligned doors and all. Jee-zus.
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

I think $85000 is a record high on a SC on BAT and quite possibly higher than any SC seen here…or close anyway.
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

WTF, I feel like that that is 21-Window territory in the same condition.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
$85,000

I paid $900 for mine a couple decades ago. Mine has a pedal pan, but has those old less effective bumpers that are blue and white.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
I think $85000 is a record high on a SC on BAT and quite possibly higher than any SC seen here…or close anyway.

Not the highest price for a Single Cab but the ones that were higher kicked the living shit out of that thing in every way in age, rarity, significance, quality, etc.

It's hard to put words to how bad a value that Truck is at that absurd price.

How big a kick in the nuts will it be for the buyer to find out it has a late model nose and dash welded to it?

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

Not the highest price for a Single Cab but the ones that were higher kicked the living shit out of that thing in every way in age, rarity, significance, quality, etc.

How big a kick in the nuts will it be for the buyer to find out it has a late model nose and dash welded to it?

I think you miss the point: Some people out there have LOTS of money. As in WTF money. Some Nissan Skyline turbo V spec just went for $310,000. Nice enough ride I guess.
SOME things on the subject SC WERE done rather well, but most of all, THE PHOTOS. But EMPI carb, Brazil fuel pump, 009 Dizzy. REALLY?
I'm sure the buyer does not care that he can't defog the windshield.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Wow. $85k for that single cab.
Looks to me like there are at least 2 people that need a Conservator more than Britney: The winning bidder and the runner up bidder.
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

I think you miss the point: Some people out there have LOTS of money. As in WTF money. Some Nissan Skyline turbo V spec just went for $310,000. Nice enough ride I guess.
SOME things on the subject SC WERE done rather well, but most of all, THE PHOTOS. But EMPI carb, Brazil fuel pump, 009 Dizzy. REALLY?
I'm sure the buyer does not care that he can't defog the windshield.

I'm very aware that some people have way too much money and burn it like toilet paper.

In the area I live I watch people totally remodel multi million dollar properties every 5-6 years on average. Nothing wrong with the house besides their boredom with the fashion of it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 48

Jump to: