Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

venomous-67 - [email protected] - Nicholas Clark
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: venomous-67
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 17, 2024
SchoolcraftSignal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: venomous-67 - [email protected] - Nicholas Clark Reply with quote

If things change I will update this, but as of now I would not recommend this seller

I ordered a 67 wiper motor from Nick back in December and have yet to even have it shipped. I tried to give some slack seeing as COVID has made things difficult and I can understand that things happen, but at this point I'm starting to get a little annoyed with all the excuses. Here's a timeline of events:

December 12, 2020: Sent first email, got a response the same day

December 21, 2020: All details were worked out, payment was sent, and he told me he had one person on the waiting lit but it should be done over the holidays

January 4, 2021: After hearing nothing an email was sent asking for a status update, he responded saying he was waiting on a part so he could finish it

January 14, 2021: Asked for another update, responded on the 15th saying he would finish it that weekend and also telling me he had a '68 motor for a bit more if I wanted that instead

January 16, 2021: I asked what the advantage of the '68 would be and he never responded so I sent another email saying to stick with the '67

January 26, 2021: Checked in again, he responded and said he was waiting on another part because the finished motor was noisier than he would've liked it. I asked if I would be reusing my original mounting frame or if he would be providing a new one, he never responded to this.

February 9, 2021: Emailed him again, said he would have it done that week but parts were hard to find with no swap meets going on. He then said that there was a "huge" waiting list ahead of me instead of the one person like he said back on the 21st of Dec.

March 9, 2021: After another month of silence I email him again. He tells me its all done and he'll ship Monday the 15th

March 16, 2021: Says he needs to pick up circlips from his shop because he doesn't have any at home. So much for being all done. Gave him my address and he said he would ship.

March 30, 2021: Emailed to check in again, have heard nothing so far.

If Nick redeems himself I will gladly change this post, but otherwise I can't recommend you buy from him. Its been nearly 4 months of waiting for something that was supposed to be done before the new year and I've had about enough. The facts keep changing and I'm getting tired of the excuses. At this point I'm tempted to just ask for my money back because this is starting to get a little absurd.

"Sven" 1965 Sunroof Beetle
LuckyLemieux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: venomous-67 - [email protected] - Nicholas Clark Reply with quote

Great dealing with Nicholas. An absolute pleasure. Cheers for everything. A+++
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: