Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanShrugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Friends, with sadness our long time Vanagon and Bus owner has died. Passed while at his home in Portland Oregon following a 16 month struggle with Leukemia. Bob owned four Syncros of all types, Weekender, Single Cab, Tin Top and Double Cab. All in very good shape. He will be missed by the local and extended family groups who have camped with Bob and enjoyed the Vw community.
Regards Phil Zimmerman

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Always sad to hear about.

My Condolences..

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

that's a bummer.

F cancer.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Damn. So sorry. Sad

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that. Peace and strength to his family & friends...

Yeah, cancer sucks. Crying or Very sad

https://donate3.cancer.org/?campaign=frucorg2&...a2a2df55dc

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Well, shoot. That’s a bummer. My condolences to his friends and family. If it’s who I think it is, I just drove past his house about 15 minutes ago. I always admire his fleet of beautiful Vans when I drive by. Always thought of introducing myself but not a fan of intruding on one’s privacy. Rest in Peace Bob, sounds like you battled tough.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
VanShrugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Well, shoot. That’s a bummer. My condolences to his friends and family. If it’s who I think it is, I just drove past his house about 15 minutes ago. I always admire his fleet of beautiful Vans when I drive by. Always thought of introducing myself but not a fan of intruding on one’s privacy. Rest in Peace Bob, sounds like you battled tough.

Thanks for your kind words Xevin.
Bobs' Tribe of Syncros was quite stunning.
Bob began with aircooled buses, ending with four Synros.
He also has a ton of rare OEM parts and accessories.
Pz+
vwlukas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

I use to live right down the street from Bob but never made the opportunity to say hi. always hoped we would run into each other in our vans. his fleet was stunning to me.

thanks for taking great care of all the VWs in your life Bob!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

I'm really sad to hear this. Another of the "old guard" of knowledgeable and friendly van owners passes.
Bob was always a welcoming face at the van events and a pleasure to spend time with.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

This is a bummer. I think I got the chance to meet Bob once and he talked about his sweet van collection.

He wasn't "WestyBob" on the Samba, was he?
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Oh no. Sad Sad Sad I'd met and interacted with Bob more than a few times at some of the local VW/Vanagon events around town over the last 15-16 years, but don't claim to have at all really known him. Still, sucks to lose one of our own, especially to bullshit cancer.
rag63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Very sad. I live in the same neighborhood and spoke to him a time or two.
RIP.

Dave
VanShrugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Slimvest wrote:
This is a bummer. I think I got the chance to meet Bob once and he talked about his sweet van collection.

He wasn't "WestyBob" on the Samba, was he?

Yes, I recall his handle was WestyBob on the Samba....
Pz
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Condolences to his family.
The two good things to say of his passing is that his pain is over and at least it wasn't alone in bed with Covid. Too many good folks I know have passed without the warmth of family around them.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Sorry to hear.
Westybob always came across as a good guy on the forum. He looks familiar, I must have ran into him at the old SDM event.
Leukemia is a bad deal for sure. I used to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and ran into people dealing with it. Fuck cancer.
dokaman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

So sad to loose a part of our VW community like Bob. I always considered him a friend and have been meaning to reach out. Life gets busy and I took to long.... Rest easy my friend, you will be missed.
markz2004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Westy Bob was just an all around solid guy. He will be missed.
mrshrimp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Nice guy, stopped and chatted with him once when I was working on my Syncro and he was driving by. Lives just up the street. Always made a point to eye his collection when driving by his house. He had a white tin top Syncro, a nice blue westy Syncro, and a pristine blue Tristar doka Syncro. Maybe even another doka too. Also had a Chrysler AWD van in the mix Surprised .

Rest In Peace Bob.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Thats a bummer. I sold him a stock westy kitchen light back in 2003 for $25. My only real interaction with him other than in the forums. Never like hearing the passing of our members. Pouring out a qt of Peak antifreeze (into a recycling bucket) for him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: A long time Vanagon and Busman has died: Bob Peak Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear that. I hadn’t seen him in a while but used to see him regularly at pdx events and syncrofest. A real nice guy! RIP Bob.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: