Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Passenger Van Window Screens?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

There was someone on ebay awhile back selling window screens for passenger vans, but I no longer see them there. Anyone have any leads on where to find them? Thanks!
Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

This guy? Not sure if he's back up and running though.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

Take a piece of normal window screening and cut it slightly larger than the open window. Now, frame the piece of window screen in some of that fancy printed duct tape (I used a "space" theme) back to back(sticky side to to sticky side) with small rare earth magnets sandwiched between the layers on top, bottom, and one vertical side (the other vertical side will be on glass), spaced about three inches apart.

Congratulations. You just made yourself an awesome window screen that takes less than 10 seconds to put up, stores small, and you may find will stay on the van up to 60mph when you forget to take it off.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

I've tried several different ones and made my own.
This was the last set I bought after making my own( which were pretty good I might ad!😁).

These were the best. You can put your windows up before you pull into a campsite to keep the bugs out. Park, put them up on the inside and roll the windows down - no bugs inside.
That's even in the Everglades.

https://campervanculture.com/shop/vw-t25-t3-vanagon-magnetic-cab-door-mosquito-screen-grey/

Pretty much the same as what "mikemtnbike" says, but with a good strong sown on edge and not a sticky tape residue.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

I have Gerald’s set ( that thread you posted about); for the mid slider windows. Fit well and store easily. Shame if he’s not making them anymore..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I had to recheck my screens, I have the Magnetic Versions for the front windows..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Still need to come to a decision about screening the slider door when it’s open..... Think Think Think
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto

Last edited by jlrftype7 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

As others have said, it is pretty easy to make your own:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Van Window Screens? Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

https://campervanculture.com/shop/vw-t25-t3-vanagon-magnetic-cab-door-mosquito-screen-grey/

Pretty much the same as what "mikemtnbike" says, but with a good strong sown on edge and not a sticky tape residue.

The ones I made are for the side windows, I got the gowesty covers for my front windows because I like the privacy features they provide.

Anyway, no tape residue- the duct tape sticky sides face each other- two layers, sticky side to sticky side, magnets in between. I'm getting my van ready later tonight for the first multi-night trip in far too long, I'll try to take a picture.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: