Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pop out seals
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Pop out seals Reply with quote

I put pop outs in my bug, got seals from WCM. The drivers side window has never sealed at the upper front corner. The rubber doesn't touch the body, you can see in through the top.

The window has an even gap around the inside, so I feel that the window is sitting properly in the opening. The problem, as I see it, is that the seal is not designed with corners, so that when forced to bend around a corner, the outer edge pulls away from the body to even the radius (make sense??).

Is this one of those "something you have to deal with" issues or does someone make a better seal?
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pop out seals Reply with quote

Help! My fingers are in great pain!

It took me an hour to get this far on installing the outer seal. I've been using a screwdriver and soapy water carefully. I tried a plastic scraper however mine is too flimsy.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.goodspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pop out seals Reply with quote

https://1967beetle.com/popout-widow-seal-replacement/

Maybe this will help install the seal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: