Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Swf actuator?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smiths Bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Swf actuator? Reply with quote

I recently bought a box of oval parts Ans in it was this weird actuator thing has has two spots for hoses of some sort Ans moves up and down. I was un able to find a part number on the part but I saw the swf logo so I figure it had to be vw although I could be wrong. If anyone has any info on this part please let me know. Or if any more pictures is needed. Thank you for y’all’s knowledge!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Swf actuator? Reply with quote

Looks like a washer pump. Does that one cylinder slide over the other one? And does air come out the elbow?

Update....

Went searching and found an ad for one on tS!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2284905

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
ernstben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Swf actuator? Reply with quote

I had one in my car too! Here's a little more info and some pics installed:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=577520&highlight=windshield+washer+pump

'63 Ghia Coupe Project
'59 Panel Project
'56 Ragtop Project
Smiths Bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Swf actuator? Reply with quote

Yes sir it does slide up and down but I hadn’t really tried to move it because I didn’t want to break anything. But that is really different. Is this something that came on all ovals? And do you know anywhere I may be able to get a new knob?
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Swf actuator? Reply with quote

Smiths Bugs wrote:
Yes sir it does slide up and down but I hadn’t really tried to move it because I didn’t want to break anything. But that is really different. Is this something that came on all ovals? And do you know anywhere I may be able to get a new knob?

Check out eBay! That’s how I found out what it was. I had a hunch it was a window squirted, based on another interaction 30 years ago! Dug that out of my tired brain!!!! Amazing!!!!

Anyways, it got me thinking so I figured if I had one, and did not know about tS, where would I post up a for sale on an unknown item. eBay!

Thanks for posting it up! It is always cool to relive an old forgotten series of memories!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: