Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi 2" Narrowed Beam and Torsion Spring Bars Issue
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
downsbs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Empi 2" Narrowed Beam and Torsion Spring Bars Issue Reply with quote

I'm trying to put this beam together and the top springs go in great, the arms sit in a logical spot, the lower however don't slide in without being pounded in. Yes, they are lined up and the set screw is out, even when I get them in, they won't go in the arms. Is there at trick to this that I'm missing?

Also, the way the divets line up for the grub screws for the bottom, the arms sit with the ball joint pointing straight up. I just to see how that will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Lrodri64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi 2" Narrowed Beam and Torsion Spring Bars Issue Reply with quote

I had to hand file until the arms entered freely
downsbs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi 2" Narrowed Beam and Torsion Spring Bars Issue Reply with quote

That's what I did today, I'm going to try them when I get home. Wish me luck!!!
downsbs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Empi 2" Narrowed Beam and Torsion Spring Bars Issue Reply with quote

True to Empi's history, poor quality control strikes again. I had to grind the entire length of one of the sets of spring bars to get them to go into the beam. I'd definitely recommend going with another brand, wish I'd have...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: