Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber Windows
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Weber Windows Reply with quote

Searching for info on this, it looks like nobody is selling pre-made Weber Windows for Beetles these days?

Anybody have a favorite place to get them?

Thanks

What’s That Noise?!?
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

Do you mean this?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=963000

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

HiPacs too. If you're interested,
https://www.hookyspanelshop.com/product/hipacs-high-performance-access-covers/

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Don Jones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

I bought mine from: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=963000 (Danny Gabbard).

Really well made and worth cost.

Used a dremel to cut the access holes. Bought the bits (from Amazon) to install the aircraft rivets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

In the years before I discovered theSamba, I remember somebody on either the Cal-Look Forum or the Shop Talk Forum making a very clever suggestion to use the fuel filler flap from a Bay-window Bus. It;s nearly square shaped, is spring-loaded so that you don't need to undo any fasteners, and large enough to get your hand through it if you need to get to the IDF idle jets or the spark plugs. You'd need to cut the flap out with a large enough section from the quarter panel- say a 1" lip- to position it in the wheelwell and try it with the flap going up, or going frontwards. Have the rear fender installed at least hand-tight to see that the swing of the flap still clears the fender. If you weld the piece in, you can trim down that 1" lip to maybe 1/2" all around.
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

Every time I hear about these I think “ really? You have to take off and then reinstall 8 small screws that probably have road dirt to clean some idle jets or make an adjustment, on Two sides??, Nothing convenient about that “
I made swinging doors with a wing nut to hold closed and I like the bus fuel door suggestion although that not what I did. I will have both my idle jets cleaned out and be back on the road while your still dropping removed screws from the first window .into the dirt.
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

I installed the "Gab Fab" (Danny Gabbard) weber windows on my '68 Bug. THis is a very high quality and complete kit and they fit very well! If you're going to fit windows to your car I would recommend these for sure. Access to my carbs (48 IDA's) and spark plugs is much better with these.
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Windows Reply with quote

One my current build I am just modding the manifolds to reverse the IDF's to face the jets and mixture screws inward, done.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: