Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Van dies coming from highway speed to stand still ('89 WBX)
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
davideric9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Van dies coming from highway speed to stand still ('89 WBX) Reply with quote

Suggest the TPS be tested by pressing on the gas pedal with someone at the TPS to listen or watch ohm meter. This way you are involving all the linkage. I've see the switch test good by hand at the engine and test bad with the gas pedal.
1988 Wolfsburg GL (bought 2012)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Surfwagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Van dies coming from highway speed to stand still ('89 WBX) Reply with quote

SOLVED

Everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I identified the issue as an air leak with the brake booster line, would've taken much longer if you all didn't help me get to that area. The old union was replaced with new rubber and some clamps and the issue is gone (for now, we'll see how she feels this weekend).

Also wouldn't you know it my brakes feel 3X better!

I'm going to try the gas pedal hear for the click, but I think we can close the books on this one.

Thanks to everyone
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: