Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Urgent - Floor pan measurement
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
borna428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Urgent - Floor pan measurement Reply with quote

Hello all,I have a question regarding the floor pans on my 66 VW. I have decided to change the floor pan and I took some measurements before cutting the old one and replacing it with the new one . As you can see in the pictures, I have put new floor pans and ready to weld them to the chassis . However I was worried that my measurements before cutting were not good enough and wanted to make sure the fitting is correct. Unfortunately I am in no position at the time to test it by putting the body on which is the best way to confirm However, I came across this diagram that someone made . I decided to make a jig (white wood) based on that measurement and try to see if the holes align with the holes on the pans. I tried all the combinations that you see on the diagram and it was perfect. Here are some pictures as well. Before welding the pans tomorrow, is there anything I am missing? is my method correct or did I missed something?Any help is appreciated/  

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Urgent - Floor pan measurement Reply with quote

Great idea!
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
Smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Urgent - Floor pan measurement Reply with quote

I don’t think you’re missing anything and in fact you’re going above and beyond to get the correct measurements. I had the body off and on when I did mine. I couldn’t figure out the measurements...but the method you’re using is genius

"Traveling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail head full of zombie"
-Men at Work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: