Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front turn signals and hazards not working
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevo96
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Front turn signals and hazards not working Reply with quote

Bus is a 66. Rear hazards work but nothing up the front when turn signals are on or when hazards switched on. Checked fuses and cleaned them all. Ideas?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Front turn signals and hazards not working Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/bus_66_USA_turnsignals.jpg

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/bus_66_USA_turnsignals.jpg

The wiring diagrams ^^^^^ in the Technical section really helped me on my '66, maybe print them out & follow all the wires to see whats what.
I have had issues w/ the turn signal control on the column, wires breaking off the soldered connections, and also the 9 pin flasher relay being bad.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Front turn signals and hazards not working Reply with quote

6v still?
BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Front turn signals and hazards not working Reply with quote

This document from the FAQ's at the top of this forum helped me immensely when sorting out the flashers etc. on my 66. Checking and cleaning the fuses might help, but the wiring on the back of the fuse box, where the female spade connectors of the wires slip on to the male spades on the box should be looked at as well. And at least in my 66 Microbus, the factory sure wasn't very liberal on the length of the wiring to the fuse box. It's a tight spot. Also, at least when it came to my 66 that looked to be all original, it was wired to the fuse box opposite of the wiring diagrams. In other words, what looks like it would be connected to the top connection of a certain fuse, on my bus it was a connection to the bottom of the fuse box at a certain fuse. Only way I can explain the way the connections would appear to match the diagrams is when I had the fuse box released from it's clip to the chassis, pulled back and laying in my hand looking at the rear of the fuse box...now the connections to the top of the box would appear to be on the bottom of the box when in my hand. Good Luck!

http://www.type2.com/library/electris/vw-9prong.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: