Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

buggy front bumper
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BugsBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been lookin' to get a front bumper for my buggy and I would like to have one as in the picture, because my buggy is related to the Sandman buggy that had such a bumper, just as Glitterbug an maybe others. Is there anyone here who could provide some measurements and/or detailed pictures from this bumper? If you have one for sale I might be interested.

Grtz
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

That one looks home grown to me. Just something cooked up and welded together but I could be wrong.

My Buggy came without one on either end and I would have left it that way (just for a cleaner look) but I wanted to tow a trailer so went with an engine cage out back. The front remains bare. Personal preference.
carlos_magnum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

I think your best option is a local fab shop. The measurement may not be the same but they can replicate the design.
BugsBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

I agree, it is a matter of personal preference. I do like the looks of it and it is usable to mount auxiliary lights. Best option could be a local fab shop. I'd still be interested in measurements like tube size, lenght and bend radius. Found another picture. This bumper doesn't look home grown to me.

Gwoolsey56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

Hey BugsBuggy, I have a JPG of what you might be looking for. It's the Dimensions of the front bumper from "Dean Jeffery's Kyote". Yes years ago you could buy that bumper, but no longer. I saved it from a post from here, but i cannot find that post now.
BugsBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

@Gwoolsey56

Thank you! Just what I needed. Some good data to start with.
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

That style bumper was used on several models of buggies, beside the Kyote, the Glitterbug was another

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: buggy front bumper Reply with quote

Yes! I like her bumpers! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: