Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters.... Reply with quote

I bought the mustang air box and plan on mounting as Chris Schimke did.
I don't know if I'll use the rubber snorkel in the setup. I think maybe not.
Hopefully I can make the panel template this weekend.
I'm still tempted to fit a trans am fender vent backwards on the side of my doka as an air scoop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters.... Reply with quote

When I installed my engine the first time , I used the K/N cone in the drivers rear corner of the engine bay and found it to hot and dirty. Solution was a aluminum 45%, a plumbing Gromit and a piece of sheet aluminum.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

fleetwood41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters.... Reply with quote

Bumping this thread a little....

Hey Vino!

Do you by chance have the measurements/dimensions of the block-off plate that you fabricated, pictured above?

Great work!

Thanks!

Mick
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters.... Reply with quote

I was going to do the mustang air box as Chris Schimke showed.
But the Vanaru kit includes an air box that also fits inside the cubby the same way, so I'm going with all his parts at least to start. I may swap to the mustang parts, I do really like how the band clamp opens it all up to clean the filter. I already bought those parts and made a template to close off the cubby and fit in the mustang housing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Subagon / Vanaru engine intake airboxes/airfilters.... Reply with quote

Fleetwood41 Sorry I don't have measurements for you, I just used some card stock and cut to fit. I then transferred that to the aluminum sheet and shaped to fit. It was actually pretty easy. I did do it with the engine out though,Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: