Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghia wiper arms
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

Anyone know where in the world (literally) I can find actual polished chrome/stainless steel windshield wiper arms (blades too if possible)? Every style I find is painted an unappealing “brushed metal” color. Thanks!

I know these are for a Beetle but would they fit?

https://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-beetle/beet...etle_6624/
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

I have no idea if or where you would find such, but bear in mind that Ghia wiper arms are year-specific in regard to length and shape. For instance 70-72 take a
different arm than 73-74, etc etc
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

What year Ghia are you working on? I don't know of any stock arms that are chromed or stainless, but you could have a set chromed. As for blades you can find NOS aftermarket blades that have stainless steel holders. Ebay might have what you are looking for and it might help if you can find the length of the blade you need and search by length too (not just search for "Ghia blades"). I have a pair of Anco blades for my early Ghia and they have stainless steel holders, so depending on the year of your Ghia and the wiper blade maker you might get lucky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Frelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

Loren wrote:
What year Ghia are you working on? I don't know of any stock arms that are chromed or stainless, but you could have a set chromed. As for blades you can find NOS aftermarket blades that have stainless steel holders. Ebay might have what you are looking for and it might help if you can find the length of the blade you need and search by length too (not just search for "Ghia blades"). I have a pair of Anco blades for my early Ghia and they have stainless steel holders, so depending on the year of your Ghia and the wiper blade maker you might get lucky.

It’s a 67. I might just send them out to be chromed. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
I have no idea if or where you would find such, but bear in mind that Ghia wiper arms are year-specific in regard to length and shape. For instance 70-72 take a

I've often wondered why there are so many different wiper arms and blades. What changes were made that called for changing the shapes and lengths of the wiper arms?

Aren't the windshield openings basically the same size? Were wiper arm locations moved on different years?

For example, even if 71 and 74 are different, are there still interchangeable?

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
iowegian wrote:

I've often wondered why there are so many different wiper arms and blades. What changes were made that called for changing the shapes and lengths of the wiper arms?

Aren't the windshield openings basically the same size? Were wiper arm locations moved on different years?

For example, even if 71 and 74 are different, are there still interchangeable?

I'm afraid that I can't answer your questions.
I had 4 wiper arms that I knew had come off of either a '70 or a '73 (parts cars) but I had no idea which arm was from which car. After digging around at length here in the Ghia forum I pieced the information together. Both pair were then listed in theSamba classifieds and recently sold. Neither buyer has complained, so I must have identified them correctly.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

Frelly wrote:
Loren wrote:

It’s a 67. I might just send them out to be chromed. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm guessing show car?
I think sunlight reflecting off of them would get irritating if driven often.
I'm sure they could be chromed.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wiper arms Reply with quote

The Beetle arms will not work as they are a different shape.

Try vintage Porsche wiper arms and blades. I found 65 to 67 arms from a 911 fit well on a 71.

These guys have some.

https://sierramadrecollection.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: