Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Modify 944 wheel to incorporate 911 spline?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Modify 944 wheel to incorporate 911 spline? Reply with quote

I have a pristine 944 three spoke sport steering wheel that I had used in a Vanagon for many years. My 911 has a very sad aftermarket wheel in it, but the guts have the spline/hub parts behind it. I am wondering if there is a way to swap the 911 spline into my 944 wheel, or if it is worth the trouble.
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Modify 944 wheel to incorporate 911 spline? Reply with quote

Not that I have seen.
I know you can take the adaptor off of a 944/3 spoke wheel.
I have done it.
I have also modified them to fit other cars (Porsche wheel in my 73 beetle).

As far as fitting another adaptor, you might have to drill/tap some holes and trim things.
You can make anything work with enough machine work.
I believe the splines are all the same. Just the offsets and turn signal cancel cam can be different.
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Modify 944 wheel to incorporate 911 spline? Reply with quote

Thanks Tom, I have decided to sell my 944 wheel to help fund a proper 911 one. My 944 is super nice so it feels criminal to drill/cut on it.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Modify 944 wheel to incorporate 911 spline? Reply with quote

break the hub rivets switch the hub and use screws to bolt the wheel to the 911 hub
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: