Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock??
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

I've noticed lately a very large number of items at GW are out of stock and back ordered for months, particularly items designed and built by them. What at GW are you waiting to order for the Summer season that is currently out of stock??

Me:
SwingAway System: Was due in April 23rd, now May 26th. Fingers crossed it doesn't get pushed out again.
Tray Accessory for GoWesty Swing-Away System: No ETA.
Recaro Grey Leather Seats: No ETA.

Last edited by Syncronoid on Tue May 04, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GoWesty waiting list?? Reply with quote

Kicking around buying another set of rims, probably staying with 15" inchers, so I don't have to break down and swap my Winter Tires and All Season tires on 1 vehicle set of rims like I currently do each season when it's time to swap out tires.
Looking over their Bumpers vs Van Cafe/RMW's too
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GoWesty waiting list?? Reply with quote

Fox Shocks Adjustable Shocks
GW Throttle Body
GW Alternator Adjuster

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I'm really waiting on.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GoWesty waiting list?? Reply with quote

Edited title and original post to indicate "what you are waiting for that is currently out or stock".
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Back seat shoulder belts
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

I don't buy from GW when I can help it, but VC stocks some of their stuff, and I am also waiting on the alternator adjuster. And since I went to VC and they were out, I went to GW who was also out.
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Had a rear brake kit I was interested in
they were out of stock for 5-6mnths
Decided to build my own
T
Rear discs
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Upgraded AC Condenser ......... waiting about a year!

If they cannot get, well, they should take down the selection!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Andy,
Why are you not going directly to Nostalgic air?
There is a thread here on them somewhere that gives the size, but here is a link to various sizes.

https://nostalgicac.com/parallel-flow-condensers/unpainted-condenser.html
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Wellington wrote:
Andy,
Why are you not going directly to Nostalgic air?
There is a thread here on them somewhere that gives the size, but here is a link to various sizes.

https://nostalgicac.com/parallel-flow-condensers/unpainted-condenser.html

Well, actually, I was not aware of them. Hope someone finds that Thread.

I used Cold Hose dot com to do my hoses back in 2017. They did a fantastic job. The system worked great until late last summer. It will not hold vacuum. So, I think this would be a good time to upgrade the condenser. And, I suspect I'll need to go with new hoses again as likely any upgrade will not be conducive of the existing hoses.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
I don't buy from GW when I can help it

Why do you avoid GW? Curious, as I have had all good experiences with them.
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Contained within GoWesty’s weekly email blast just a few minutes ago....

A Quick Note About Out-of-Stock Items
You may have noticed that GoWesty seems to be out of stock on more items than usual these days—rest assured, it's not your imagination! There are myriad COVID-related materials shortages and shipping delays worldwide. Please know that we are doing everything we can to get items back in stock as quickly as possible. If you find that an item you want is out of stock, we strongly encourage you to click the "Notify Me" button on the product page—that way, you'll get an email notification the moment the item is back in stock! We will continue to include expected ETAs on out-of-stock products whenever possible. We appreciate your support and your understanding!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Vanuber wrote:

Why do you avoid GW? Curious, as I have had all good experiences with them.

Started when I was replacing my skylight. I had several significant 'learning experiences' with that project, where it was not just "order this part and put it in" but instead, now that you've got a GW version of that part, you need the X Y and Z parts that make it actually work, that got my ire up. Not something taken lightly. Having a part in your hand that was needing replaced and then trying to do so where the parts were just ever so slightly not at original spec was frustrating, especially when water was dripping in and I just got fed up. There are several other things that I was not happy about, but I can't put my finger on now... I should re-read my posts from 2015, I guess. Maybe things have changed?

I think GW does a good job making replacement parts, and I respect that. I just don't understand why they can't mesh better with the original design, other than that VW screwed up on their design in the first place, which is not unheard of.
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
GoEverywhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Ive been waiting for eons for the insulated window covers, Bus Depot is outa them too... Tried to order a set in December I think, only to find out nobody has them.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Syncronoid wrote:

You may have noticed that GoWesty seems to be out of stock on more items than usual these days—rest assured, it's not your imagination! There are myriad COVID-related materials shortages and shipping delays worldwide. Please know that we are doing everything we can to get items back in stock as quickly as possible. If you find that an item you want is out of stock, we strongly encourage you to click the "Notify Me" button on the product page—that way, you'll get an email notification the moment the item is back in stock! We will continue to include expected ETAs on out-of-stock products whenever possible. We appreciate your support and your understanding!

my take....

you've had 400 days to figure this out. automotive parts and repair were deemed 'essential' almost everywhere. many places laid off help and took the PPP bait set by the gov't.

granted...i have has some stuff that was on intergalactic backorder from the dealers during this time but i'm just over the excuses.(by intergalactic i mean instead of next day/2 day it was a week) time to put your big boy pants on and get back to work

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Syncronoid wrote:

my take....

you've had 400 days to figure this out. automotive parts and repair were deemed 'essential' almost everywhere. many places laid off help and took the PPP bait set by the gov't.

granted...i have has some stuff that was on intergalactic backorder from the dealers during this time but i'm just over the excuses.(by intergalactic i mean instead of next day/2 day it was a week) time to put your big boy pants on and get back to work

In electrical world, material costs are skyrocketing and I have back orders going on everything from linear strip lighting to generators. The supply chain is going to get worse before it gets better.
Some people call him Maurice...
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

As long as GW doesn't start building their parts out of 2x4s costs should stay reasonable. Laughing
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

granted...i have has some stuff that was on intergalactic backorder from the dealers during this time but i'm just over the excuses.

judging by the number of container ships I see anchored in the bay waiting to unload at the port of Oakland, I think you're over simplifying things.

All I want that's on backorder is a pass. rear slider window. GW doesn't sell it, but VC and BusDepot do and they're out of stock.
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

The entire global supply chain is messed up. Factories have been shut down and many are operating with increased precautions. Shipping is messed up. Cargo ships are backed up at ports and are full of all the crap we’ve all been buying online. Air shipments are hard to find. A lot of cargo flies on passenger planes, and not as many are flying. Raw materials are hard to find and expensive. Metal prices are high and plastic is in short supply. It takes a lot of plastic and raw materials for billions of covid test kits for example. A lot of manufacturers have pivoted to only supporting pandemic related emergency need items and a lot of supply is going to that effort. These small suppliers are likely not high on any priority lists. I feel for GoWesty. I’m sure it’s not easy during these times.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: