Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1.9L Coolant Hose size - back of head to heater core
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.9L Coolant Hose size - back of head to heater core Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
jlrftype7 wrote:
shagginwagon83 wrote:
https://www.vancafe.com/251265056SIL-p/251265056sil.htm

Is this the hose you need?
Razz Razz I posted that hose as an option earlier in the thread. OP went with long Buslab version. I think they're close to the OP, so buying local worked versus ordering in....

Didn't see that. This is the hose that caused my only breakdown with my 1.9L.

I just took my 1.9L out and swapping to an EJ22. I feel it would be good karma to pass this hose along. It is the silicone van cafe version. First person to PM me with their address gets it.
Ah, that makes sense.
What happened to your 1.9 engine? Low compression or just wanted more power, etc.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
lcolon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.9L Coolant Hose size - back of head to heater core Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
markswagen wrote:
i use this one, from the back of the head, cylinder #1, into the heater lines, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C2WB4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
if there's no heater, i use a brass barbed connector and carry on to the front heater with regular 5/8'' heater hose.
How did you chance upon this hose. Seems so random ..... Razz Razz Great to know it exists and is affordable too.... Cool

That is a great find. A heck of alot cheaper than from the vendors.

Got my hose switched out today and put in the metal Tee... I think I have it bled out. Did not lose too much coolant (I clamped the hoses to prevent draining as much as possible). Should be able to test drive tomorrow and be off to the races.

Thank you all for the support!
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1.9L Coolant Hose size - back of head to heater core Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:

What happened to your 1.9 engine? Low compression or just wanted more power, etc.

I could never get it to idle correctly. It ran overall great when warmed up. It has 140k miles on it. I also had an opportunity to install an LiFePo4 system into a friends van in exchange for an EJ22 + AutoVentures wiring harness. Going that route. The WBXer will remain with me as I am interested in the Marco turbo WBXer kit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: