Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWoA 10 slat roof rack
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: VWoA 10 slat roof rack Reply with quote

Don't have photos, had some, and accidentally deleted them. Anyway, I am hot on the trail of a very nice VW Made in Germany stamped 10 wood slat roof rack, complete, slats need a very minor sanding and varnish or Varathane, a new sticker, and it will be virtually new. Anyway, I looked in the Classifieds, for an OG 10 slat for sale, and I was astounded..are they really worth that much now? I saw 2 of them, one was like 900, and the other 1400...I know the asking price isn't the getting price, but Holy Cow.. ??? Shocked Shocked

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: VWoA 10 slat roof rack Reply with quote

Maybe the currently insane lumber prices are driving the market????
The all steel tubular "whistling" racks are much cheaper.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: VWoA 10 slat roof rack Reply with quote

Asking prices are not selling prices. And buying them online is the equivalent of satisfying someone's "Buy it Now" price on eBay.

Go to VW swaps when they come back and you'll find a better deal.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: VWoA 10 slat roof rack Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
..I know the asking price isn't the getting price, but Holy Cow.. ??? Shocked Shocked

I think I already said that...And, if you knew what I paid for this one.. Very Happy Cool

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: