Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Distributor condenser screw size
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownbus2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

The condenser screw head was stripped. Need to find a new one but couldn't find exact one at Lowes...

I found some similar sized but not the exact thread size or with the thread on just half of the screw

anyone know the size or have one to sell?
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

which distributor, and where is the condenser located (that could determine the length you need)?
it should be a 4mm x .7 thread. it's just the length you need to be concerned about.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

4mm long will work for cast iron and most aluminum. You just don't want it too long or it will protrude inside and could be hit by the spinning internals.

A 5mm can work, but check it and if it touches then add a washer or 2.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

You will probably have much better luck looking for screws at a hardware store instead of Lowes.
brownbus2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

Awesome...so that little area with no threads does not need to be on the new screw?
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

the entire length of the screw shaft should be threaded. PM me and pay for shipping and i'll send you one.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

tasb wrote:
the entire length of the screw shaft should be threaded. PM me and pay for shipping and i'll send you one.

ACE Hardware has M4 screws for $0.10 which is a lot cheaper then the cost of mailing one since because of it being 3 dimensional it can't go in a letter envelope and would cost way more than $0.55 to mail.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Distributor condenser screw size Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
tasb wrote:

ACE Hardware has M4 screws for $0.10 which is a lot cheaper then the cost of mailing one since because of it being 3 dimensional it can't go in a letter envelope and would cost way more than $0.55 to mail.

A lot of hardware stores will have a box of flange head screws that are grade 10.9, that would be my choice if they have one of the correct size, thread, and length.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: