Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scammer called me about my WTB ad 906-401-5076
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Scammer called me about my WTB ad 906-401-5076 Reply with quote

I received a call responding to my want ad for an Isky camshaft, the guy said he had the cam I needed and introduced himself as Spencervee. Was adamant that we make a deal ASAP, as it was a hard to find part and someone else wanted it for $200 so I had to send him $250 today. Now, Spencerfvee is a long time samba member, and he and I have exchanged some messages in the past, and the tone of the conversation was nothing like any of my messages with the real Spencer. I didn't call him out, but asked for some detailed pics to waste time and see what he would do. . He sent some pics, but of a later 4 bolt cam not a 36hp cam, and he stopped responding when I asked for pics of the # stamped on the drive end. By this time I had searched Samba and found the # listed on this thread from 2015, so someone's been using the # to scam people for 6 years.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
So, in case scam emails and texts weren't bad enough, now they will call you claiming to be real Samba members that you may be familiar with. Evil or Very Mad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Scammer called me about my WTB ad 906-401-5076 Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, I see it's in the list already as you said.

I hadn't heard about them using people's Samba names, only saying that they are a "Samba member" in texts.
Weird... that's a new one
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: