Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Euro tail lights
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

I purchased what I was told were NOS Euro tail lights. I think they are, but I had not noticed this subtle difference before.

On the left is a repop US tail light with a separate SWF chrome bezel that I think is a good used correct one.
On the right is the NOS Euro tail light. The "chrome" is integrated into the light itself. A bus I had back in the early 90s had these same lights, so I think they're correct.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The difference that I had never noticed before what the area on the back where the screw passes through. On the US one, the screw hole is even with the outer edge.

On the Euro one, that same hole protrudes about 5mm out. This prevents using the commonly available tail light seals from the major places without a bit of modification:

Some more pictures of the NOS one:

Are these seals specific to Euro tail lights, or is this an indication the NOS ones are just reproductions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

There are specific seals for the Euro lenses and housings. I believe CIP1 sells them.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C33%2DS00608
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

Note the extra rubber tabs on the inside radius of the seal. They finish the division between the two bulb compartments.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

Awesome. Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Euro tail lights Reply with quote

Glad I could help! Luckily I just went through this myself when assembling a set of Euro lights for one of my bus projects.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: