Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New concrete floor
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

What is the finish on the concrete?
Smooth like a a polished grocery store floor? The polish the concrete. It won't make the weeding date.

Or does the customer want an epoxied floor that has the cute little speckles embedded? Again, won't make the wedding date with this type product. The concrete won't have enough cure time.

A little rough like a sidewalk? See below.

A little over a year ago. I sealed a freezer/meat cut shop floor. With a really nasty, High VOC sealer. I should have had a respirator on while applying the seal.
The floor is very water resistant and can be hosed off when it gets blood on it.
The concrete texture was like a sidewalk. A little rough for traction.

I know I'm not much help here.
But no one is asking about the bare concrete finish.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

Good point, mine was machine polished, not super shiny, but really smooth.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

The floor (not placed yet) will be a troweled finish. The lady this is for is out of town at the moment. Decision will be made soon.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

I need help stopping the bodies from popping through the cement. It makes for an unsafe jacking surface.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

Great topic, not to hijack it but has anyone used a stain type paint on concrete? I have an old patio that has some cracks and after I seal them up properly I'd like to coat it. I thought of stain because it won't chip off.

BTW Abscate, you KILL me with your humor. Well needed this week for me.
Abscate wrote:
I need help stopping the bodies from popping through the cement. It makes for an unsafe jacking surface.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

Not intentionally , but have spilled stain on floor , almost impossible to clean off.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: New concrete floor Reply with quote

slick finishs are awesome especially for busting your ass... trowel or brushed/broomed with good paint is for me.trowel may need a traction compound added so the assbuster luster is knocked off.some floor paints come with it already,I used that in my barn last year,awesome and very eazy on bare feet, unlike bare concreate. I still have to paint the entire side walk thats brush/broom finish and hard on my tootsies. just good floor or epoxie is great on that, no addtional traction compound needed. I usualy do 3 medium coats.the first soaks in good and adhears. a light first coat like you do with other stuff dont work as well as it dont soak into the poorus concreat befor it drys &seals the pours and usualy dont last. the qualit of the concreate also comes into play. we have a local company that is cheeper than the opthers and they all more h20 as well as lots of ash as a filler and you can scrape up the concreat with your toenails....I learned that long ago. and confirmed by a few different mud monkeys. but it's cheep and eazy to work. Shocked it just dont last and crack prone...especialy when the prep isant perfect...and then... still cracks just not as bad. I use 5000 psi on my barn& side walks.frocken awesome untill you have to do some grinding to get the threshold perfect.....that shit is effing hard.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: