Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

9.5isCanadian wrote:
I realize that I’m coming late to this party but if you’re still sourcing interested parties, count me in for two.

I’ll PayPal as soon as you’re ready,

Peace,
Owen

Owen, you have been added to the list (the last 2)

Second run is now all spoken for.
Digifant ECU with knock sensor and custom
cylinder selective knock control by me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DigiMatrix wrote:
9.5isCanadian wrote:
I realize that I’m coming late to this party but if you’re still sourcing interested parties, count me in for two.

I’ll PayPal as soon as you’re ready,

Peace,
Owen

Owen, you have been added to the list (the last 2)

Second run is now all spoken for.

Thank you and I’m happy to prepay to provide you working capital.

Owen

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

9.5isCanadian wrote:

Thank you and I’m happy to prepay to provide you working capital.
Owen

Not necessary, but thanks for the offer.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Hall signal status now added to ALDLdroid as well.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Useful for trouble shooting Hall sensor and Hall sensor wiring. See post on previous page for more details.
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

If a third run ever goes, I'd take a second setup to have for work where I see a lot of T3 with running issues. Save a lot of time to have easy data available.
Viva.Sabata
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Count me in for one of these please if you do another run!
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

the addition of the Hall signal is fantastic... i could have used that two years ago Smile

really looking forward to having this diag system in place.

BiWerks Design, LLC
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I know you are incredibly busy, but any time estimate for the next batch?
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DuncanS wrote:
I know you are incredibly busy, but any time estimate for the next batch?

My best guess is 6 weeks out right now. All the parts are in hand, but I have to finish testing the first batch. I have today off, so I am working on those today.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Finally some good news! Very Happy

So I spent all afternoon, and just finished testing the first 10 emulators in the Van. Just have to do some more burn in on each and I'll be ready to ship the first 10. Hoping to start shipping on my day off, next Monday so I'll be getting in touch with people on the list hopefully Thursday.

Some things purchaser's should know.
1) these are for off road use only (always carry a spare ECU just in case or be prepared to re-install your current chip)
2) I am going to sell them for $150 US plus shipping. You pay Pay Pal fees.
3) I will be as fair as possible with the shipping and will try and come up with standard rate to the US/Canada if I can to save time.
4) any customs and duty is on your dime.
5) the adx and xdf files I am supplying are encrypted and password protected. This is so you can't see the hard work in behind the scenes.
6) I am not going to charge extra for the tuning version as the difference is really just the XDF file to know where/what is in the chip. I will supply the required TunerProRT xdf file to those that want it with instructions, but I will not be responsible if you mess up your tune and engine. This is for advanced users only.
7) ALDLdroid requires you to create your own dashboard, I will supply instructions on how to do that.
Cool there is also a windows 10 executable that allows the emulator source code to be re-flashed as well as load the 3 banks, set Bluetooth pin numbers, and set up immobilizer etc.
9) if someone has a special tune they have and would like me to pre load it, I will if you can send me the binary image - let me know so I can test it before shipping
10) I will have the 3 chip banks pre loaded, bank 1 (set to this as when shipped) is the std file, Bank 2 has the std file but with WOT enrichment set low, Bank 3 is the std file

I will probably add more details to this list as I think of them. Once more people start using this, we'll probably need to start a separate post on what you can do with the emulator - trouble shooting/diagnostics, immobilizer, tuning etc.

Last edited by DigiMatrix on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:18 am; edited 4 times in total
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DigiMatrix wrote:

Finally some good news!

..I'll be getting in touch with people on the list hopefully Thursday.

is it Thursday yet
Popcorn

BiWerks Design, LLC
Aryana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks for the update.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

😃🌟🎉🎊🎄

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

This is going to be huge. I see a market of many thousands. FAS and all other specialty shops will want them. There are three shops in my town of 30k in the NE which encourage T3 maintenance. PNW? Many, many shops. Is there a way to meet a possible large demand? You have a decent business opportunity here. The price seems low for the benefit it will provide the end users. A replacement instrument foil costs what you envision. Remember the way to know if your motel is charging the right price is by demand. If you are sold out by 2:00 pm your price is too low. If you still have vacancies at midnight, the price is too high. Maybe a license and royalty if you don't want to become a manufacturer. And the business won't last forever. After the initial saturation, maintenance levels of sales with be lower and decline as the T3 population declines by natural aging.

Congratulations on seeing a serious need in regard to T3 reliability and maintenance. AND coming up with a solution. Creative and intelligent.

I know I'm speaking for the entire community when I wish you the best of luck with this project.

One last thought on price. If I have this installed and go to my shop for a problem, his shop rate is only slightly less that what you are charging. If I save him an hour in diagnosing the problem, I have already paid the investment off. People will hate me for saying this, but I would raise the initial price after meeting the promised demand you currently have to around $275. At this level, I'm betting your motel will still have the No Vacancy sign up by 2:00. I wouldn't be at all surprised in five years to see GW selling these for $625 and having customers.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Not sure on this, but seems like there are a limited number of D version ECU's.

If there is a source out there for more D's, I'd like to know so I can get a few more myself.. They rarely show up in the classifieds.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

Yep. Quite limited. The day this thread went up I went hunting in the classifieds. My ecu had solder cracking issues anyway, good timing.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Here is one at a resonable price.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1660888
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

^^^

I've had good dealings with that seller before! I was searching for ECU.. huh ECM!!! Cool!

Thanks
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

i wonder how different the van ecu is v. the fwd digi1 box that it sounds like was the springboard for some of this work.
if you could get one of those (sadly also pretty rare...) and reflash it for the van it may open up a few more sources for ecus?

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Thus, DigiMtrix, if I snag one, I'll be in line for your third run... (Strange having multiple Westys, I know)

Thanks

-bobby
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 31

Jump to: