Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I have started a list based on this post and have ordered 20 PCB's for now. I am only doing this to help out fellow vanagon owners with the later WBX so please be patient. Not sure how long the PCB's will take to arrive and then there is build time and testing on top of that.

I will update the progress in this thread.

Last edited by DigiMatrix on Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

thank you for offering this to the community! your R&D plus production is truly appreciated.

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davideric9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

sounds great. Can I move this from one of my vans to another? Please put me on the list for "one".
1988 Wolfsburg GL (bought 2012)
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

davideric9 wrote:
sounds great. Can I move this from one of my vans to another? Please put me on the list for "one".

Sure you can move from one van to another provided it is also uses Digifant 1. The emulator itself requires one of the ECU versions listed above, but a van not running one of these versions (VW part # 025 906 022 either Bosch or Triumph Adler) will run just fine on the "D" version. Easier to swap the ECU than the emulator itself. On the list
MayorMcCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I need this

edit: But for Digijet

Last edited by MayorMcCheese on Sat May 22, 2021 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DigiMatrix wrote:
I have started a list based on this post and have ordered 20 PCB's for now. I am only doing this to help out fellow vanagon owners with the later WBX so please be patient. Not sure how long the PCB's will take to arrive and then there is build time and testing on top of that.

I will update the progress in this thread.

Good on you.
Do you need any money up front to help fund it?

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
MartinG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I would also be interested in this emulator. Don't know if I Have the "D" ECU but I'll check.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

Do you need any money up front to help fund it?

Thanks for asking, but I'm good. This offering isn't intended to be a money maker and I hope I don't regret it. I am working on comprehensive instructions to minimize my time required to get purchasers up and running. I would like to ask that people check their ecu is compatible before adding their name here to the list. Once the first 20 are sold, I will continue to do batches, time permitting.

If you want to be on the list, please state you wish to be added to the list. Everyone wants a lot of things, including me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. The list is to judge interest and when I need to order more parts - once emulators become available, I will notify those that have requested to be on the list. If you decline, or don't respond, I will move down the list. If you want back on, you'll have to restate your interest.

Last edited by DigiMatrix on Sat May 22, 2021 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Subscribed ....
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Don't know if this is something I need, but curious about cost...ballpark?

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Please add me to the official list! Very Happy

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
Don't know if this is something I need, but curious about cost...ballpark?

- Dave

The price was buried on the first page, I have now added it to the first post so people will see it.
bheins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I'd like to be added to the list as well. Thanks!
ohhorob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

MayorMcCheese wrote:
I need this

edit: But for Digijet

Me too. I've already extracted the EPROM from a Digijet ECU. Was hoping to find the air/fuel map and allow adjustments. Perhaps a microcontroller can replace the physical EPROM and provide instructions & data to the Digijet as it runs?

But I couldn't find a decompiler, and didn't make much process trying to decompile by hand.
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

Little update from the weekend:

My friend Rafal, has done the testing and this emulator will also have an immobilizer built into it. No Fuel or spark available from the ECU when this feature is enabled. Very Happy

No extra cost for this as it is important in our opinion.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DigiMatrix wrote:

My friend Rafal, has done the testing and this emulator will also have an immobilizer built into it. No Fuel or spark available from the ECU when this feature is enabled. Very Happy

"hey man, mind if i charge my phone, i can't start my Westy"

looking forward to having realtime metrics and the ability to disable remotely.

BiWerks Design, LLC
DigiMatrix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

dabaron wrote:
DigiMatrix wrote:

#1 - unlock and open door, plug in phone charger, power from 150 Ah on board Lifepo4 battery, turn on phone and disable immobilizer - easy! Very Happy
#2 - or, remove emulator and plug old chip back in
#3 - or, always carry a spare ECU
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

DigiMatrix wrote:
dabaron wrote:
DigiMatrix wrote:

#1 - always carry a spare ECU
#2 - or, unlock and Open Door, plug in phone charger, power from 150 Ah on board Lifepo4 battery, turn on phone and disable immobilizer - easy! Very Happy

Twisted Evil

BiWerks Design, LLC
korfmach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

This is a GREAT idea and something that will be a major aid to anyone who comes to Vanagon-land from modern OBD-capable vehicles. Thanks very much for putting the time and effort into this.

I'd love to have one, sign me up!

Gone, but not forgotten:
1974 Dorper Baywindow, "The Bleeding Trout"
1998 Jetta TDI, "Trixie"
1987 GTI, "Heike"
1974 Thing, "The Luftwaffel"
1974 Ghia
1966 Ghia
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: WBX Emulator - real time data, onboard diagnostics and tuning Reply with quote

I'm down for one (if I can find a reasonably priced 'D' ECU)...what an awesome development!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: