Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbie with a “new” Beetle
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
amperu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Tony, I’m a new VW owner. Just got my first Beetle after years of wanting one. Found one in a barn, owner said it was a 73 Super Beetle but it’s just a standard. Picked it up for $800. Gonna restore it with my son and gift it to him when he graduates.

We got her stripped down in a matter of days. I’m going to start rust repair soon. New floor pans and wheel well. Then it’s suspension and steering components, paint, and interior. My little boy (5) wants surf blue and white two-tone and he’s already named the car Stella Blue.

Hope the pictures load and y’all enjoy! Looking forward to spending some time here and sharing my journey with everyone.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MACJELLY58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

Damn!! I don't usually get jealous, but that looks like a great deal for $800. Wink

Welcome and I'm sure you and your son(s) will have a blast restoring the Beetle together. Enjoy, they grow up fast!
Fenian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

Looks like it's in good condition! Nice find!

Your young fellah will have great fun helping you with the restoration.

Cool
Blue66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

Looks like a great project! Especially with the help you have. Good luck!
rusty_74_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

congrats! Same color as my '74!
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a “new” Beetle Reply with quote

Nice. Cool . Looks just like my 73 Super since mine has a flat windshield since the body is from a 1971 on mine. Will be glad to see your progress. I love blue so that will be cool to see it turn blue lol. Just hope it isn’t a big process to change the paint color on the registration like it is in my state you have to pay all kinds of fees and change the registration and everything like that. Crazy lol. Good to see more younger people taking interest in stuff like this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: