Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pop top swap
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gschwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Pop top swap Reply with quote

Is it possible to put a westy fiberglass top on an EVC? My Winnie top has a few cracks. I’m thinking finding an old westy top might be possible, and cheaper than after market alternatives.
dazey77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pop top swap Reply with quote

With a bit of modification and effort I am sure you could get it to fit.
I take it you realise however that the two vehicles are different lenghts (LWB for EVC and SWB for the westy).
The westy I think goes further forwards in the first place (EVC finishes before the cab, doesn't the westy go all the way to the front?)
As the EVC is longer the westy one 'may' fit in a similar manner to how the EVC does now.
If you can find both vans then measure them up. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
orbeamike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pop top swap Reply with quote

gschwell wrote:
Is it possible to put a westy fiberglass top on an EVC? My Winnie top has a few cracks. I’m thinking finding an old westy top might be possible, and cheaper than after market alternatives.

Not possible because the Winnebago EVC is built on Long Wheel based vans and the weekenders are short wheel based. They are about a foot difference in length. There is one person in Canada that made an outer aluminum shell to replace the plastic outer shell. I worked with Santa Cruz campers and imported a LWB top and had it installed on my EVC.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: