Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

http://repairablecars-forsale.com/ads/1969_Camaro_Z28_For_Sale.html

i would like to believe it... but the prices are too low. thoughts?

like theres a fast back for 5500 on this page.

http://repairablecars-forsale.com/
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

Idk. But my browser is warning me not to enter any information on that page because it could be stolen, the page isn't secure.

Says cars can be viewed in person. Where are they supposed to be located?
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

see this
https://www.carbibles.com/how-to-figure-out-if-a-car-auction-site-is-actually-a-scam/
mentions the site you linked.

ps whats a first gen? somebody off the mayflower?

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...

Last edited by finster on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

They don’t own any of these cars. They broker a deal after you buy it, legit, but a great business model to wet your beak into someone’s sale
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

First Rule Professor Deller taught us in Engineering School:
If it don't look right, then it is probably wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

Price wise it seems about right. The low resolution photo probably makes it look better than it is.

Doesn't send up any horrible red flags, however I'm not interested in buying it so I haven't tried to contact them and wouldn't know.

Could have a small block, auto, common model... etc. Says theft recovery also so maybe the interior or wiring has been damaged. Or interior gone... who knows.

The ones that go for money have a factory 383, 440, or Hemi with a 4 speed, matching numbers, etc. That's what a lot of those muscle guys want.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

i was refering to the camaros Wink i respect mopar guys but prefer chevs and some sb fords.

if those prices are actually legit(6k for a straight 1st gen project), i will jump up right now and strap myself to a rocket to get there.

i may call just to see whats up. i wonder if i can barter and offer 60 bucks worth the apple gift cards Laughing
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
i was refering to the camaros Wink i respect mopar guys but prefer chevs and some sb fords.

if those prices are actually legit(6k for a straight 1st gen project), i will jump up right now and strap myself to a rocket to get there.

i may call just to see whats up. i wonder if i can barter and offer 60 bucks worth the apple gift cards Laughing

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

Yup. And the homepage has changed to a different company lol. It's a scam. Thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: 1st gens dont go for this cheap right? scam? Reply with quote

Oops, I mixed it up with the Charger for some reason. Chargers have gotten expensive but I'm not as familiar with Camaro prices. They are both pretty hot tickets.

Regardless 5-10k for a project car is not unheard of. It takes a while of searching and usually when they pop up for sale you better be ready to buy otherwise it will be gone by the afternoon.

Here's one that sold on Ebay for 12k. Looks kinda like a barn find of sorts too. I could see in a private setting if that guy didn't want to deal with ebay he might of sold it to someone local with a lot of interest for 8k cash. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevrolet-Camaro-/294224097422?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

If your ready to spend 6 then your half way there Wink

Heres an especially off topic little tidbit... It's not necessarily a highly sought after muscle car, but I got my 1964 Plymouth Fury Wagon for $2100 as a running project a few years back, and they go for 30-40k restored easy. Even though it's not as legendary as the Camaro or Charger or whatnot they are pretty damn rare they only made about 4,000 Wagons that year... I spent a year looking before I even found one for sale... that was the one I bought.

They used to make them into dragsters, and still do. There was a famous one called "The Draggin' Wagon"

Here' a video I found
https://youtu.be/z0LhjOaw1xE
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: