Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhmyers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop Reply with quote

What are the best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop? I also want a pop out safari front glass, I just dont want something that leaks and is cheap. Thanks for your help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop Reply with quote

For side popouts, I like the stock type. They can be a bit pricey unless you get lucky.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VW Loosenuts makes a really good quality front safari (http://www.vwloosenuts.com/). I believe you'd need to use your own windshield.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shanghai Paddles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop Reply with quote

Another vote for VW Loosenuts. You use your stock glass with his frame. He also makes extended side pop outs. I don’t have his, I have Pandragger’s version of the Randar Super Latches, used with my factory pop out windows. www.pandraggers.com
I also have Pandragger’s notched safari sliders for my Loosenuts safari. It gives me more peace of mind that it’s not going to move when I drive on the highway with it open, which is all the time.
2002 Audi S6 Avant ~When you need groceries fast~
2002 Audi S6 Avant, Manual Swap ~When you need groceries fast, but want to have fun~
2005 Audi A4, 2.0t APR Stage 1 ~Cause I needed another car...~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop Reply with quote

Shanghai Paddles wrote:
Another vote for VW Loosenuts. You use your stock glass with his frame. He also makes extended side pop outs. I don’t have his, I have Pandragger’s version of the Randar Super Latches, used with my factory pop out windows. www.pandraggers.com
I also have Pandragger’s notched safari sliders for my Loosenuts safari. It gives me more peace of mind that it’s not going to move when I drive on the highway with it open, which is all the time.

Their site lists those as out of stock. Sad

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Shanghai Paddles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Best pop out side windows for a 1962 ragtop Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Shanghai Paddles wrote:

Their site lists those as out of stock. Sad

They usually make them in batches and then they sell out, and then they make more. You could send them an email asking when the next batch will be available. Definitely worth it in my opinion.
2002 Audi S6 Avant ~When you need groceries fast~
2002 Audi S6 Avant, Manual Swap ~When you need groceries fast, but want to have fun~
2005 Audi A4, 2.0t APR Stage 1 ~Cause I needed another car...~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: