Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auction, shop closing after 54 years
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

One of the few local shops that still worked on A/C VW's shut down at the end of last year, and the contents of the business are being auctioned. Sad for me, since I had my first interaction with them last September after I got my first beetle in over 30 years.
Anyway, it's about 5 minutes from my house, so if anyone sees something they want, we might be able to make an arrangement for me to buy and ship. And of course anyone local enough to get to the auction, I hope you find something you need!

https://houserauctioneers.com/event/krohns-foreign-car-service-liquidation/
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

There could be some good stuff there, hard to say.

The pile of fenders looks useful to someone

If you are going, you should get the 4-lug drum puller:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wonder if there an NOS case in that big VW box?
And what are those pistons?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

If anyone cares, that Hobart 140 is a nice welder for doing auto body work. That's what I'm using and it's been great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Yeah, the big VW box caught my eye as well. The welder I may pick up if it's cheap enough, but the area I live a lot of people fix old cars as well as farm equipment, so that may go for a good penny
rcraigbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Hi Johnny, I sent you a PM, please contact me. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

reply sent
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

The small parts areas/cases look interesting and also a good amount of early water cooled parts in there.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Hmmn.. looks good. I may take the drive and have a nice time. If nothing else, I can go run up the prices. Laughing I have that very same air compressor I inherited from Savich Auto many years ago.

The shop must be some jewel in the rough now...still has the wooden floor. Breaks me heart to see a shop calls it quits. I hope someone picks it up for some use.

I can only try to buy what I can fit in my little truck and small trailer. I will drop by on my way to Omaha.
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Jut thought I would bump this up so that it's on the radar of anyone who is interested. They have posted additional pictures. There is a set of 356 heads, in case anyone is interested in those.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

I'll take all the autostick parts they might have lying around, please bid $20 for me, thanks

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

I have no idea what autostick parts look like, so it would be a matter of them being labeled. Have you looked at the auction website to see if you saw anything that was what you are looking for?
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
I have no idea what autostick parts look like, so it would be a matter of them being labeled. Have you looked at the auction website to see if you saw anything that was what you are looking for?

LOL sorry that was a joke, even though autosticks are frowned on and parts are not really sought after if they did have anything lying around like a control valve or intake or hybrid oil pump I'm sure they'd want way more than $20

Did you find out what was in that big stapled VW cardboard box?

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

OK, was unaware of autostick jokes LOL

No idea, they are not doing any "pre-auction" reconnoitering. Maybe day of. It's definitely got my interest piqued. If it's a NIB case, I'll be buying it unless it gets bid up.
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Well, it was a looong day...LOL. Here's a few highights:

NOS AS41 case went for $290
NOS Kolbenschmidt P+C and NOS Bilstein/Febi crank went for $50
Welder went for $420. Since a new one is $530 (less the tank and other accessories) I passed on that
A huge box of carbs went for $40
There was a complete disassembled 36 hp motor, including all tin

What I picked up:
NOS rear fender for my 69 Beetle
Large box of about a dozen dizzys, including a German 009
36 HP and Thing fan shrouds

I picked up the Bosch clock for a samba member

There was a lot of stuff I was tempted to buy, but since I am moving in the next 5-6 months, didn't want to get anything I really didn't absolutely need unless it was dirt cheap. That NOS case was very tempting...
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Oh...4 Porsche heads went for $60...Was tempted on that one just for reselling.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Thanks for posting a follow up.

NOS case/crank/P+Cs sound like great deals.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Yeah, I was really tempted on them. Was in the bidding for the case until it got over $250. The same guy bought all of that, plus a box with new cam, lifters etc. Pretty much a complete lower end of all NOS parts for $390.

BTW, I missed out on that drum puller. Learned the hard way not to stand in the back LOL
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
Well, it was a looong day...LOL. Here's a few highights:

NOS AS41 case went for $290
NOS Kolbenschmidt P+C and NOS Bilstein/Febi crank went for $50
Welder went for $420. Since a new one is $530 (less the tank and other accessories) I passed on that
A huge box of carbs went for $40
There was a complete disassembled 36 hp motor, including all tin

What I picked up:
NOS rear fender for my 69 Beetle
Large box of about a dozen dizzys, including a German 009
36 HP and Thing fan shrouds.

just reinforces the fact that unless you need it and are willing to pay up, when you auction your shit off it's barely worth scrap once you figure in the commission.

cool that you were able to grab some stuff

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Figure a buyer commish of 10% and the auction taking a third of the spoils.

Jeesh.
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Auction, shop closing after 54 years Reply with quote

Nope, no buyer commission. What you bid was what you paid
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: