Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

And another two (we're back).
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Though we haven't been vanless in quite some time, the acquisition of the Florida was soon followed by the departure of our '86 2wd "Spud".

But Vanagons are apparently hard to shake, the smart part of me that knows one van is enough got progressively quieter and the neighbor and I decided to share a couple extras. The '76 in the garage comes with a half done EJ25 swap and the '90 Syncro with an older 2.2 conversion in original paint with some kitchen rust and brake issues, but otherwise drivable and solid. The deals on both were too good to pass up. Plan is to complete conversion (sorry zeit), do deferred maintenance, minor repairs, and keep around for spares for family/friends that visit. Dave, you coming out for Solstice?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

owokie wrote:

Oh, man - full on van-itis. Looks like it might be too late for an intervention Smile

Very nice lineup!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Assuming you mean this Dave. Yeppers. I’ll be out there with the ‘87 westy 3NTROPY and my 84 year old mom. Been 4 years since she was at SS.

Got a third westy I will build later this year as my West Coast Westy so I will not need to borrow yours again…. Cool

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

owokie wrote:

What is this, some kind of captive breeding program ...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

I do not condone this heresy...Repent!
wesitarz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

TROLL :fist:
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Uh...the OP trolled me in his first post. Relax.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

wesitarz wrote:
Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

In this case that was not troll post. It was a response to the good natured dig from Owokie.

The Western Syncro build
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
Assuming you mean this Dave. Yeppers. I’ll be out there with the ‘87 westy 3NTROPY and my 84 year old mom. Been 4 years since she was at SS.

Got a third westy I will build later this year as my West Coast Westy so I will not need to borrow yours again…. Cool

Cool, glad you two are coming out again. Passing through my neck of the woods on the way?
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

owokie wrote:
dobryan wrote:

Cool, glad you two are coming out again. Passing through my neck of the woods on the way?

Maybe on the way back after the event. Depends on what we want to do for the week after the event. Smile

The Western Syncro build
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Alaskaberrys wrote:
owokie wrote:

Oh, man - full on van-itis. Looks like it might be too late for an intervention Smile

Very nice lineup!

The only intervention happening here is to borrow tools or gawp at the collection.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
wesitarz wrote:
Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

In this case that was not troll post. It was a response to the good natured dig from Owokie.

Finally, somebody gets me.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

owokie wrote:

dear Penthouse,

this never happens to me but...

BiWerks Design, LLC
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

Huh...someone with more buses than me, thank the great spirit, I am not in 1st place.

Oh, ya, I like your garage!! What height is that door? I might just have to build a real shop some day, and it looks as if that size door would work for what I have now. Mind you, I am not looking for a high top, or an LT, but perhaps I should figure in what size door a high top, say an NAHT would be.
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Huh...someone with more buses than me, thank the great spirit, I am not in 1st place.

Oh, ya, I like your garage!! What height is that door? I might just have to build a real shop some day, and it looks as if that size door would work for what I have now. Mind you, I am not looking for a high top, or an LT, but perhaps I should figure in what size door a high top, say an NAHT would be.

It's kinda like boats, what's better than having a huge garage? Having a neighbor with one! We're half each on the '76 Bay inside and the Syncro at the far right. I've got the LT, he's got the other syncro and the ratty Bay. The door is around 10ft tall, LT fit before the 2" lift, dunno now. Has a lift too, very spoiled...
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: And another two (we're back). Reply with quote

An LT is really worth 2 buses or 1.5 Vanagons. Time to change the count.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: