Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Never owned a VW so I bought a $2300 Syncro Doka daily driver.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiscoNonCompliant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Never owned a VW so I bought a $2300 Syncro Doka daily driver. Reply with quote

Yup just found that the syncro tanks have an internal expansion tank. Still trying to figure out where that hose goes. I belive it goes to charcoal canister. But for the life of me I can't find it anywhere in the engine bay or under or near the fuel tank.
From my searches I can't even find a fuel diagram for a 2.1dj doka or any information on if they even have charcoal canisters?
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Never owned a VW so I bought a $2300 Syncro Doka daily driver. Reply with quote

A double locker Syncro for $2,300? That does not compute. Literally the deal of the century and there's still 79 years left in this one.
WiscoNonCompliant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Never owned a VW so I bought a $2300 Syncro Doka daily driver. Reply with quote

So I figured this thing just vents into the atmosphere, so to cure the stink i threw a small fuel breather on the end of the small vent hose. I replaced the large vent hose with some reinforced fuel line. No longer dripping after a 1 hour test drive. A little before and after pic.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6vp8W1f3tELfEcFf9
I think I'll put my big boi pants on and try and whip up those gates tomorrow. I belive there is a swap meet in Iowa Saturday.
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Never owned a VW so I bought a $2300 Syncro Doka daily driver. Reply with quote

If you’re going to use this as a build thread, you might use the photo hosting gallery on this site: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

nice pickup!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: