Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Smallcar In Dash A/C Dash Template DXF Files
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Smallcar In Dash A/C Dash Template DXF Files Reply with quote

So I installed a Smallcar In-Dash A/C system and they offer two different layouts for placement of Radio, switches, etc. I decided to change my dash layout by adding two VDO gauges and move my radio head to an seperate overhead unit I built. I asked the Smallcar team if they could provide a DXF file I could work off of, but they decided that they did not want to help me out.
Long story short, I recreated their template and made my own custom dash insert that I am having laser cut at sendcutsend.com. I wanted to post a link to the .dxf files here so anybody that wanted to do their own dash layout could do so with a little bit less work. The "radio right" template matches the Smallcar offering, the "two gauge" unit is my custom output. Both share the Smallcars original placement for the cooling vents, and mounting screws FYI The inserts as supplied are .090 steel with black powdercoating.
radio right
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U5fXpcckCuUkIbORShipLF6al4qr3lfF/view?usp=sharing
two gauge
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZBRqmRDX8wsltsELQXBifJoVMRk_WgJ/view?usp=sharing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: