Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

i just saw this on samba parts for sale . it looks well made . he said he tested it to 8,000rpm he said it worked great . he said it cooled the motor better . its
$89.00. its cast as one peace . no need for welled fan. he said its lighter than a stock fan . and should free up hp. what do you guys think? i want to try one .for my super charged motor . he said you have to tqr. to 45lbs i think this fan would be great for a bigger motors like a 2180 to a big 2400cc motor spencerfvee
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by spencerfvee on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2479029

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Here's the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2479029
thanks glen spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

I remember the thread where Andrig talks about his new lifters and told everyone he was working on this.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

im waiting on the mechanical engineers here to explain the differences beween fan shapes and whether the above fan directs air the same.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

I ordered one, will report back.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

It looks alot like a supercharger impeller for a larger radial aircraft engine (in a crude way), that tech has been around since the 30's, I wonder why VW didn't use it to start with?

It'll be interesting to compare, get some readings with your current fan now so you have a baseline later.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

I think this is awesome. Just bought one. We need to support people trying fresh ideas and putting out new offerings. This seems like a neat idea, and all things considered is quite a fair price.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

i agree it looks like a really nice concept and product especially given the price. o just wander what material? i only ask because of corrosion reasons. i would guess aluminum?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

I don't know but just looking at the photo it looks composite to me
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

It’s a composite...he talks about it in his videos.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

txoval wrote:

Any links to those videos? I been looking all over his site but dont see any
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Wonder what exactly the composite is. Not to crap on innovation, but I used to work with snowmobiles that had one piece composite fans and after a few years they would become brittle and go to pieces at high revs. You can guess what happens next to the engine. They also had a habit of breaking, no mater their age, when they struck the fan housing (usually due to a fan shaft bearing failure).
Just curious about the material, not trying to be negative, they may be the best upgrade for VW's in years.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
im waiting on the mechanical engineers here to explain the differences beween fan shapes and whether the above fan directs air the same.

I have posted a lot in a few threads on fan types already...forward inclined...vs reverse inclined...classic blower vs squirrel cage etc. They all have merits and issues at different speeds and produce differing volume vs static pressure.

This one is built more like a constant speed turbine. Very cool!

The question will be how it works with the cooling tin/shroud and vanes inside.

For a new, limited run casting that complex...$89 is cheap. If I drove type 1's I would buy one just to see how it works ...and help him cover his costs for his effort!
Ray
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
It looks alot like a supercharger impeller for a larger radial aircraft engine (in a crude way), that tech has been around since the 30's, I wonder why VW didn't use it to start with?

It'll be interesting to compare, get some readings with your current fan now so you have a baseline later.

Would be also nice to get pressure readings factory vs new style. L + R side . Top of cylinder head tin where it connects to the fan housing.
Wreck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

jpaull wrote:
txoval wrote:

Any links to those videos? I been looking all over his site but dont see any

The video's are on is FB page, Andrig's aircooled technology .
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Just remember, it has been proved over and over again that the stock type 1 fan shroud can only handle so much airflow, roughly 540 l/sec. if memory serves. so what will happen if the fan really is more efficient is that you will reach max cooling earlier in the rpms, which can be a good thing, especially in busses. The lighter unit is definitely a positive.

There have been several different attempts to improve cooling capacity on the type 1, with the type 1 shroud, including the ones we made back in the 90´s. They all failed. I wanna see real life comparisons before I jump in.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

I want to see if the composite holds up for the 50+ years it should. The tilt of the turbines exceeds VWs specs. I dont remember when, ( I wasnt around) VW made this fan out of cast bakelite, 1938 0r 1939. This was a composite that didnt make the grade. It will take years to find out if Andrigs model will make the grade. We will be talking about this long after I am gone...........thats when you will find out if the composites hold together. Just like his lifters.......hope this isnt made in CHINA!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

The most interesting thing to me would be what RPM range it is most efficient in. That would determine in my mind what sort of engine it would be an improvement on.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: new bigger type 1 fan that pushes more air cast as one peace Reply with quote

Andrigs Facebook Profile page with videos:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063442975216
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: