Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

96 eurovan Rialta winnebago wont Accelerate,stalls,no power
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stralls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: 96 eurovan Rialta winnebago wont Accelerate,stalls,no power Reply with quote

Good day . I have a 1996 2.5 EV winnwbago rialta 58k miles. engine has no power when it is running (when it wants to run ) most off the time it fires off and shakes runs really rough then stalls. when it will idle it runs very rough and if you touch the gas pedal at all wile in park or neutral it will stall instantly. but if it idles and you put it into reverse or drive it wont stall when the gas pedal is pressed, it will run all the way to WOT and it sounds like its lean back firing thru the intake lightly( with no power wont go over 1 mph). it seems like its out of time or wrong A/F ratio. does nothing different if you try to spray fuel or carb cleaner into intake ( if anything it seems to screw it up more ) It has no codes in ecm, timing marks are spot on and belt looks healthy . Fuel pressure at test port is little over 36 psi. temp sensor , IAC , injectors all ohm correct and read properly on scan tool .12v at distributor . i get a good LED test flash at coil from distributor, coil assembly is new.i didnt replace plugs wires cap and rotor but they all look new to me or under a year old. map sensor hose is all new . inspected ecm board for burn marks ,none found or cracks. i have 12v at ecm/power relay in dash . im starting to think its a ecm issue. once it had a distributor fault dont remember the number but i seen someplace that it could set if you leave the key on to long and the ecm doesn't see the signal from sensor, so i disregarded it and never seen it again . any thoughts on this MESS? does anyone have a test computer i can rent? im open to suggestions!
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: 96 eurovan Rialta winnebago wont Accelerate,stalls,no power Reply with quote

stralls wrote:
Good day . I have a 1996 2.5 EV winnwbago rialta 58k miles. engine has no power when it is running (when it wants to run ) most off the time it fires off and shakes runs really rough then stalls. when it will idle it runs very rough and if you touch the gas pedal at all wile in park or neutral it will stall instantly. but if it idles and you put it into reverse or drive it wont stall when the gas pedal is pressed, it will run all the way to WOT and it sounds like its lean back firing thru the intake lightly( with no power wont go over 1 mph). it seems like its out of time or wrong A/F ratio. does nothing different if you try to spray fuel or carb cleaner into intake ( if anything it seems to screw it up more ) It has no codes in ecm, timing marks are spot on and belt looks healthy . Fuel pressure at test port is little over 36 psi. temp sensor , IAC , injectors all ohm correct and read properly on scan tool .12v at distributor . i get a good LED test flash at coil from distributor, coil assembly is new.i didnt replace plugs wires cap and rotor but they all look new to me or under a year old. map sensor hose is all new . inspected ecm board for burn marks ,none found or cracks. i have 12v at ecm/power relay in dash . im starting to think its a ecm issue. once it had a distributor fault dont remember the number but i seen someplace that it could set if you leave the key on to long and the ecm doesn't see the signal from sensor, so i disregarded it and never seen it again . any thoughts on this MESS? does anyone have a test computer i can rent? im open to suggestions!

It could be the MAP sensor in the ECU for sure. They are available separately from sellers on eBay. I just bought one for the princely sum of $14. I think you could check whether the readings make sense with VAG-COM or the like, by watching the MAP channel and see if it makes sense, or if it's jumping around. Also if you disconnect the MAP sensor line, does it make a difference?
There is a writeup here on the site on how to replace the MAP.
stralls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: 96 eurovan Rialta winnebago wont Accelerate,stalls,no power Reply with quote

when i unplug hose to map it does nothing different . my scan tool does not tell me map sensor reading in kpa or volts . the only thing it has is engine load and when i try to start it with no foot on gas pedal it goes to 95 % and seems to want to go higher till it stalls then back to zero . i found a map sensor on ebay and ordered it for 20$ its worth a shot ..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: