Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear heater valve
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBEmerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Which direction is "no heat"? Bottom of the lever forward or toward the motor?
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Pretty sure it is the forward location of the valve access "hole" in the cabinet, pushing it back lets the flow through. I have to dig in my back seat box later today, my PO wrote the directions on the top of the cover... If I find I have mislead you, I will edit this.
harvgwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Bobbyblack may be correct but my memory says the opposite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Pic, on toward front, from PO's days

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Yes forward is on.

Craig
RBEmerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

Thanks for checking. I'd do the obvious thing, run the engine, turn on the blower, and be enlightened. At the moment, our Westy's grounded while I do some "getting ready for the next road trip" projects.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear heater valve Reply with quote

I'm no help since I switched over to the GoWesty Valve version and never turn off the Rear Heater Core coolant flow. I could, probably should,,,, but I don't..... Razz Razz Wink Wink
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: