Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Subaru EZ36 conversion: where are the posts?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinJS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Subaru EZ36 conversion: where are the posts? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am nearly completed my EZ36 conversion done over the last year and have a question for the group about this and the EZ30 conversion: where are the posts and where is the knowledge?

There are a few posts, mostly on 3.0L conversions, which I have found extremely helpful. They are not quite the same engine though. Somewhere around 2010, posts on TheSamba stop and it appears separate forums were created with limited membership on ?Yahoo and/or other platforms to cover these conversions and TheSamba goes quiet on them.

These online platforms (Yahoo in particular) no longer support group forums though and none seem to exist anymore and have not been archived. Thus, unlike nearly all other Vanagon engine conversions, I am unable to find much in the way of support for the H6 conversion.

There are some commercial products available for this conversion and, even though mostly for the EZ30, these are mostly very good and I have purchased many of them. What is really lacking is the knowledge base.

Is anyone aware of an archive or separate forum location which covers these conversions?

Due to lack of computer savvy and the time to have a full time career as well as do this conversion, I'm afraid I have not documented my conversion in any significant detail. I'm just not that guy. I would be happy to share any info I have gleaned and my solutions to problems encountered with others. I can't find those others though!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru EZ36 conversion: where are the posts? Reply with quote

Hi MartinJS,

Congrats on your conversion!

The Yahoo Subaruvanagons group moved here:

https://groups.io/g/SubaruVanagon

All data from the Yahoo group was archived.

Group Information
4,557 Members
20,270 Topics

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MartinJS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru EZ36 conversion: where are the posts? Reply with quote

Thanks Joe T!!!! I will be heading right there and joining up!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: