Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Daily Digest of new and updated threads?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

I'm a member of several other forums that have this option and find it to be useful. I can't figure out how to do it for this Vanagon forum though. Can anyone help?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

Do you mean all threads on the website (i.e. Vanagon forum, Bay forum, etc)?

On my browser each individual forum puts the most recently active threads at the top of the list.
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

No, just for the Vanagon forum. On another forum I'm on (Ford Truck Enthusiast) I receive a daily digest showing new threads and threads that have had a new response on a particular forum, ie 2017+ newer.

Maybe not an option for theSamba.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

Once you've read everything you're interested in, click Mark All Topics Read at the top-right. Next time you visit, new and updated threads will have green icons next to them. Click those icons to be taken to the first unread post.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

When you click on the Vanagon forum and it opens, the newest post is on top, they get older and older as you progress through the pages.
The highest number page is the oldest page.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
The highest number page is the oldest page. Dave

I think this is true when you have the forum sorted to "newest post on top" and it's the opposite when you sort selection is "oldest posts on top"

Jim Davis

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

To answer the question directly, no, that is not a feature of the samba. It’s not supported by Tapatalk either.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Daily Digest of new and updated threads? Reply with quote

When I log in to The Samba, recently updated threads are highlighted at the top of the page. Pretty easy.

You can also adjust your settings in the Control Panel to send you notifications about threads you're following.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: