Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kadrons vs stock 34 pict
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

Hi guys,I am working on my 1641 dual port for my 71 superbeetle.anyways what would honestly be better fuel mileage wise kadrons or the stock 34 pict?heads are stock,using a 100 cam and a 034 vacuum distributor.stock transmission as well.will be doing mostly highway driving and very little city
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

Kads, - when jetted correct.
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

I know the jets on the kadrons are what they came with new so I guess I need to change jets?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

Yes!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

walter kandetzki wrote:
Hi guys,I am working on my 1641 dual port for my 71 superbeetle.anyways what would honestly be better fuel mileage wise kadrons or the stock 34 pict?heads are stock,using a 100 cam and a 034 vacuum distributor.stock transmission as well.will be doing mostly highway driving and very little city
............................................................................................................... mileage depends on how you drive . if your foot is all way to the floor. that will hurt mileage . both the34pict and the kadrons would get good mileage . for a simple install. would be a 34pict carb .the kadrons of the other hand. can be hard to set up for a new person who has never set up kadrons be for.you can not use a carb synchronizer and i never use a vacuum distributor i all ways use a 009 or other distributors with no vac. on kadrons .you have to have a good ear to get the carbs in sink with each other . and if you dont get the kadrons in sink with each other .the motor wont run that good and the power will be down . my self . i like the 34pict for every day city driving with week ends to shows .i like the kadrons for all out racing on week ends and for long trips where there is a lot hills to go up . in the long run only you know what carbs would work for you spencerfvee
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

There is a few big hills around here where even in my automatic 2013 Jetta I have to give it more gas.I’ll probably be driving the car to work a lot which is 34 miles highway with hills and 6 miles through city.plus over 100 miles on highway to shows
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

I´m not saying that Spencer is wrong, but Kadrons are a good entrance level to running dual carbs as they are reasnably easy to work with. Using a simple 009 is the easy way out which can work quite ok, but never be really good. Using the Kads with a properly timed SVDA can make a very large difference both in driveability and fuel efficiency.
Kadrons out of the box has way too large jets for a 1600 engine, especially if you use an SVDA distributor. Depending on your ambient temps, altitude and actual set up they often optimize around 0,50-52 idle and 127 main. I would call that a good starting point at least.
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadrons vs stock 34 pict Reply with quote

I’Ve got kads on my 1680 with the W100 and CB Magna spark.
Running the hills of So Oregon, 60-100 miles/day, I’m getting 20+ with 30” rear tires and stock transmission.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: