Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

andrigs fan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
Glenn wrote:
EVfun wrote:
Glenn wrote:
I've seen early decklids get "sucked down" when a large engine with IDAs goes to WOT. Just another reason vert deck lids were used on early cars with large engines.

OMG, are there any pictures of this? I can see how, but I have never been able to see it happening!

I don't have any but once had my hand near the top of one of the IDAs and when I blipped the gas, it sucked my fingers into the velocity stack.

better keep you away from turbo inlets then...

but then how do i know it works? Shocked
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Alright, enough of the b.s. what is the verdict on these fans? Do they move more air than the original vw? Did the insert solve whatever issue it was they were having?
It kinda seems to me that the thread got sidetracked and over complicated, like most things nowadays. I’d be more interested in hearing from the man that makes them and the people that are running them , and what they run them on vs. lab tests and theories
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Yes I am with cranium, what is the Verdict? RB
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

1965 Bug, 2095cc engine, 9.8:1 CR
3.88 r/p with stock 1-4, .89 4th
Scat 36hp style shroud

90+F, 3600-3800 rpms for 20 minutes and my oil temps never exceeded 210F

Seems to push sufficient air…I have been running the fan for almost a year
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

my take on this fan. is this people only want to see what they want to see . to me a fool is soon departed of there money . think about this in 1971 VW spent . a lot of time and money making the best doghouse fan housing to cool a 1600 cc vw motor . i feal a lot of test with this new fan on this forum vary because of the use of after market fan housings that dont cool as good as a stock fan housing . all so people dont use all the flaps or use the thermostatically controlled cooling system ,.all so you have differnt size motors using this new fan from 1600cc up to 2180 and larger motors . some say this fan works better than a stock fan .some say it does not work better than a stock fan . all this info is on word of mouth from people that have used this fan . there has been no real testing on how well this fan works better than a stock fan in a lab . the maker of this fan has had some hick ups that he has had to fix .because he did not do enough testing be for he started to sell them . be for i buy some thing i want it to be fully tested that it does the job .so i dont have any problems like some people have had on this forum. thats why i am running a stock vw welded fan . just my two cents spencerfvee
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Spence, all great thoughts and well said. Respectful too which is rare nowadays

Here are my thoughts and reasons why I decided to try the fan.

1) No one person is going to be able to test to the same levels as VW did. The cost would be substantial. VW also tested to a specific engine/setup. This is why “we” (enthusiast) have to help. The fan would be 10x more expensive if he did the same testing on his own. Plus VW produced millions of cars, equaling millions of fans. Andrig will be lucky to sell 100…

2) Speaking for myself, my car is a hobby. I enjoy tinkering with it, changing items, testing different parts, etc. $99 for this fan was worth the experiment/experience. If it completely failed, I’d hang it on my wall of failed parts😅 or parts that I bought and didn’t fit or I just didn’t like once in my hands.

3) I’m also at the age and financial stability where I can afford to take a chance…it’s just part of the fun. Kinda like a fisherman or hunter who buys a new rod or gun when the ones they have work just fine.

I’ll use this fan on the 2276 I’m currently building as well…
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
Alright, enough of the b.s. what is the verdict on these fans? Do they move more air than the original vw? Did the insert solve whatever issue it was they were having?
It kinda seems to me that the thread got sidetracked and over complicated, like most things nowadays. I’d be more interested in hearing from the man that makes them and the people that are running them , and what they run them on vs. lab tests and theories

Let's talk about thermal expansion and temperature coefficients in a vacuum, which I know all of you share my passion for! Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes LOL
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

fl59bug wrote:
richardcraineum wrote:

Let's talk about thermal expansion and temperature coefficients in a vacuum, which I know all of you share my passion for! Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes LOL
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not to sound mean but this forum has run out not much more any one can say about the after market fan . to me if you want to buy one or not to buy one . theres 15 pages of info whats it going to take for a person to buy one or not to buy one ????lol peace spencerfvee
94touring
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

The fan didn't work in my bus. It's probably a number of pages back that I detailed my test.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I don't see any evidence anywhere that this fan works any better than the stock doghouse fan.

I simply view this as another novelty item.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
I don't see any evidence anywhere that this fan works any better than the stock doghouse fan.

I simply view this as another novelty item.

ANOTHER novelty item!!!!!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

IMHO it should of been more like a turbo fan blade and less like a bathroom fan blade. the only benefit I see it the lighter ness . Shocked lighter mess? lighter mass? lightweight Wink .but as with most parts it will work for some but not for others. witch can also be flipfloped, it may work for all but not some..and many times its' not the "offending"parts fault at all. I am gladd somebody did this. I do wish it would be continued and addvanced&updated.evelution is a good thing even for vw stuff.
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

See, this is my point, 10 comments after mine one says he’d like the same info and two about actual application. Other than that it’s speculation from people that haven’t actually run one. Y’all know I’m up for discussing theory and goofy ideas but this is an actual product that has real world application and results. I think 15 pages of ppl arguing whether it’ll work or not is enough, how about we stick with hearing from people who actually used it and not ppl that just want to tell someone they built a product that can’t possibly work even though they haven’t produced one themselves and can’t nor won’t build one either
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Well 94Touring's review was good enough for me, I'm looking at it through the same lens now as Empi oil fillers and serpentine belt kits, it proves once again it's really hard to outsmart an office tower full of German engineers.

Don't let me stop you from trying it, but I'll pass personally.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I running fan now and I only have the light on dash for temp and a temp gun. A good half hour run with stock fan, my oil cooler fan comes on but light on dash no come on so it running cool. With this new fan my engine feels and runs the same temp but the oil cooler fan didn't come on witch is good. With old fan it ran 200 degs with fan coming on but new fan it ran 200 degs but fan neva come on and the ting revs better than before so to me its a good thing.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I saw this on the crap book fest. Dunno who to "side" with, but I thought I'd share. First post starts at bottom,

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
I saw this on the crap book fest. Dunno who to "side" with, but I thought I'd share. First post starts at bottom,

.......................................................................................................................most guys that liked the fan say there motors rev, faster through the rpm rang . now this guys above post says it all . to me i would not run one on the street . the only time i would run one is in drag race vw .since the fan revs. faster it might lower my ET .times and this form goes on and on .will this fan replace the stock vw fan stay tuned for the full story at 6:00 news joke lol lol peace spencerfvee
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Which FB group is that in?

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
Which FB group is that in?

"Ruined VW's - purist not allowed"

Its a pretty doo doo group as 99% of them are, but I see the occasional "inspiring" post.

IMO the best vw group of FB is the T4 group
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

ah, the Ruined Vws group, I got thrown out a while ago Very Happy

It was fun while it lasted until the turds posting literal deathtraps started getting upset when they were called out on it. A shame too, some cool builds in there for a while.

The type 4 group with Raby is excellent, just no real equivalent for type 1 content Sad

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: