Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cb rotary fuel pump issue
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulyPaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Cb rotary fuel pump issue Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Its been a few years since I've posted on here as I've been out of the scene for quite some time. During that time, our bus, a '63, 11 window running a Laurie Petitte built 1955cc has been sat idle in the garage.

I have started it occasionally over the last few years but not taken it out on the road. However, last weekend I thought its time to get the bus out and recommissioned.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it started and I've got an idea that stale fuel has gunked up the cb performance electric rotary fuel pump as I'm not getting fuel to the 40 idf's?

My question is: Is there any way I can get the pump working or, is the fact that its not pumping mean I have to replace it?

Thanks,

Paul
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb rotary fuel pump issue Reply with quote

I'll ask the obvious silly question, is there fuel in the tank?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb rotary fuel pump issue Reply with quote

I experienced this once, and was in a situation/location where I had no tools to to do any disassembly. I kept cycling the ignition on/off, and it eventually started pumping again. Maybe try that.

If that doesn’t work, try taking the pump off, draining the old fuel out of it, and flushing it with fresh fuel with the feed/pump hoses in a small gas can. Create some jumper wires with terminals you can bolt on, and try to get the pump running again. Just be careful of any wire arcing near the fuel source.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PaulyPaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb rotary fuel pump issue Reply with quote

Thanks fellas, yes there is fuel in the tank so I'll try the disassembly option to start with as I've turned it over already for quite some time to no avail. Fingers crossed.
Lawlessjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb rotary fuel pump issue Reply with quote

Also try reversing the polarity on the wires and run it backwards for a few seconds. Then flip the wires back. Sometimes this will clear them up as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: