Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

Been looking at a lot of complete wiring harnesses and there's roughly a $100 discrepancy in prices. Over the years, I've purchased a lot from Wolfsburg West and generally been satisfied, though I've pretty much neglected my '66 for several years. Has anyone else purchased and installed a WW wiring harness?

Also need some belly pans for my '66. Last time I bought for a '63 they came from Columbia. Not sure if they're still around and wondering if anyone can suggest a source or two? Thanks@
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

Grumpy's
Navydave73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

their wiring harnesses are very nice, great instructions.

Belly pans are now offered by them also, may be by BBT but all of WW's metal is top notch. Grumpys Metal also makes belly pans and so does Gerson from KlassicFab
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

Thanks all. Looks like the tube the wiring harness runs through is shot. I've searched all over, called WW and haven't found a thing. Probably not a huge deal since it's probably been rotted out for decades. Seems like perhaps just a piece of PVC might do the job or does anyone else have any ideas on sourcing the real thing or other options to mimic it?
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

This should help with the tube.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727602&highlight=wire+harness

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2wheelsport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing Belly Pans and Wiring Harness Reply with quote

I've rewired three buses now with WW wiring harness kits.
Couldn't be easier and more straightforward.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: