Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

it was so humid yester day my rain gauge went from zero to 5 1/4" in a few hours Shocked dam thick to day too ....but sofar the gauge hasent changed.
I knew a girl named Charlotte...never ported her, but a buddy did. Wink Rolling Eyes welcom to fl!! if you dont like the weather just waite a few min ittell change. Wink
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
typ914 wrote:
Funny how a few months ago people were laughing at Texans and how they could not handle the snow. Could this be karma at work?

Erik G wrote:
I'm not laughing because I know it's un-pleasant but how any PNW people laughed at Texans when it froze and snowed and we had pipes burst and huge icicles forming like stalactites from our ceilings? Embarassed

Not me, but I was surprised how many folks didn't understand what you guys were going through. If we had a region wide power outage right now, it would be devastating. Just like it was for Texas.

I too wasn't laughing about the terrible and unfortunate TX weather event last winter. The cold temps and loss of the power grid. Damaged thousands of homes.
I don't remember the loss of life numbers. But we here, lost 90+ soles over last weekends heatwave. That's no laughing matter.

We are not prepared for super high temps here.
Just like TX is not prepared for super low temps in the winter weather events.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/09/summ...h-minister
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

The toll was significantly lower than the disastrous summer of 2003, when an estimated 15,000 people died during an August heatwave.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

The toll was significantly lower than the disastrous summer of 2003, when an estimated 15,000 people died during an August heatwave.

So much misery in this world
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I'll take a cold winter any day over this shit. I have stacks of firewood to keep warm, even if the power goes out and all else fails. Plus, I can do jumping jacks.

No offense to cdensig, but this cracks me up!

All women hate warm weather, but they "LOVE" the cold, because they can wear their huge scarves, long boots, wool hoodies with fur and love to sit next to a fireplace drinking hot chocoloate. WTF? If they loved cold weather so much, they'd be part of the Polar Bears, jumping into frigid waters! HA HA HA!

I'd take Glohobal Waharming a million times over another ice age.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

With the 2.9 billion it costs to send the stupid mars Rovers, all 140 million house holds in America could get solar, or the best desalination plant in the world. Forget about Drought tolerant BS landscape. Even Arizona would be green. Then we could ALL have car shows on green grass like in the past. But oh well!

BTW Oceanography was my major. I know just a little bit about the ocean and its influence on weather.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
I'll take a cold winter any day over this shit. I have stacks of firewood to keep warm, even if the power goes out and all else fails. Plus, I can do jumping jacks.

No offense to cdensig, but this cracks me up!

All women hate warm weather, but they "LOVE" the cold, because they can wear their huge scarves, long boots, wool hoodies with fur and love to sit next to a fireplace drinking hot chocoloate. WTF? If they loved cold weather so much, they'd be part of the Polar Bears, jumping into frigid waters! HA HA HA!

I'd take Glohobal Waharming a million times over another ice age.

Virtually every women I know hates cold weather. They want it warm, so they don't have to deal with cold wet snow and rain.

My wife tells me I would love Ireland. Cold, gray, misty and damp. Perfect. But I have to admit, 4 seasons are much better. I can deal with the heat, as long as there are crisp cold fall mornings, and a handful of harsh winter storms with piles of snow to plow.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Virtually every women I know hates cold weather. They want it warm, so they don't have to deal with cold wet snow and rain.

My wife tells me I would love Ireland. Cold, gray, misty and damp. Perfect. But I have to admit, 4 seasons are much better. I can deal with the heat, as long as there are crisp cold fall mornings, and a handful of harsh winter storms with piles of snow to plow.

I'm a cold weather gal myself, and with family who hails from Scotland, Ireland and Wales, I'm pretty much aligned with the ancestors on my weather preferences.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Im kinda partial to wintering in Italy&Switzerland. my wife seems to like it there too. but she wont go up north during the winter in the usa...and I dont blame her. i did spend christmass in Memphis a few years ago, wasent too bad...but nothing I want to do yearly. I think it's all in location and the state of mind your in. altitude and attitude also has a lot to do wit it.
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
With the 2.9 billion it costs to send the stupid mars Rovers, all 140 million house holds in America could get solar,

Math is hard. Maybe you should grab a calculator.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I'm a cold weather gal myself, and with family who hails from Scotland, Ireland and Wales, I'm pretty much aligned with the ancestors on my weather preferences.

Coastal Oregon is a wonderful place in my experience.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I’ll take any weather with my Guinness, my Goodness.

I’ve run out of room to move North to escape the heat, next step I have to learn Canadian
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I’ll take any weather with my Guinness, my Goodness.

I’ve run out of room to move North to escape the heat, next step I have to learn Canadian

Same here, almost. 60 miles to the Canuckistan border. Can't wait to visit again once the border opens. It has been far too long since I tasted Canadian air.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Awoke to cloudy skies, and some rumbles of thunder this morning. Have not seen clouds in awhile. Just got a text notification from the sheriff's office about some fires already rolling due to lightning strikes.

Gonna be high 80's the next couple days, so that's nice. 90's will be back soon. Last night was the first night without the A/C running since the heat wave started. Just open windows and a few fans. Felt real good.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
it was so humid yester day my rain gauge went from zero to 5 1/4" in a few hours Shocked dam thick to day too ....but sofar the gauge hasent changed.
I knew a girl named Charlotte...never ported her, but a buddy did. Wink Rolling Eyes welcom to fl!! if you dont like the weather just waite a few min ittell change. Wink

ikr elsa hit hard! So hard i was cutting and clearing out the pepper trees in the back yard in the middle of it Rolling Eyes

the night of the 4th was actually really nice out not gonna lie. i think your on the gulf coast too right?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Over 2 weeks of 90's to 100's, no end for at least another week
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Even in August we don't usually see this
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
Over 2 weeks of 90's to 100's, no end for at least another week

We used to live in Pendleton - I had a tough time with summer heat back then, not sure I could've survived in our 100 year old un-airconditioned farmhouse today.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Unprecedented PNW Heat Wave Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Coastal Oregon is a wonderful place in my experience.

I thank my parents for buying a share in a little cottage in Roads End (Lincoln City) 40 years ago - it has saved our sanity during the 'Rona and the recent heat.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: