Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the most buses you have driven to a single show?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

About twenty years ago, my friend, Mike, drove seven of his buses to the local show, the Bus Pilots Associations's Volkswagen Family Reunion. That record stood for a couple decades until yesterday, when I drove nine of my buses to the same local show. Of course I had some help actually driving them, but they all drove in and out several miles under their own power.

I got to thinking about it, and I am wondering if that is the world record. Has anyone driven more than nine buses to a show?

How many have y'all driven to your local shows?
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

We need some pics of your fleet in action!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Mine are the first nine in the row.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Outstanding! I applaud your dedication. No simple task. I think 3 is my tops.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Very cool. If you opened it up to "what is the most [amount of] VW's you've driven to a single show" you might have some competition. Yes there are VW's other than buses Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Nice job Lind!! I think three is the most at one time for me.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

The most I've ever taken (with the help of a few friend/drivers) from my personal collection of eight Volkswagens to my BNNTA camping weekend was all four of my Transporters just a couple of years back.

So far Lind is winning!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Very cool. If you opened it up to "what is the most [amount of] VW's you've driven to a single show" you might have some competition. Yes there are VW's other than buses Laughing

Yeah, I know that Mark Merrill brings about that number out to Kelley Park every year, but they are all models. I drove eight to my local show some years back, but I had a bug, a couple bays and a quantum.

At first I was thinking that I just set a local record, but then I thought about it, and I couldn't think of anyone bringing that many out. Of course there aren't a lot of people who own that many running buses, and most of them don't really drive them.

I hope someone breaks my record (or has an existing higher record). More buses out there is a good thing.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
Mine are the first nine in the row.

You need a hobby, Lind! Haha. Very cool.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

nice to see 692A out and getting some sun! Hopefully I can see the old girl again some day Very Happy
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

never owned more than 8 VWs at the same time, but i did take 3 to a NOT local show, some 200 miles away. 2 30 horse and one 40 horse.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Alot of people dont have 9 friends to help, lol
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

chrisflstf wrote:
Alot of people dont have 9 friends to help, lol
Same here Wink, we had to make a few trips. I had them all staged a few miles from the show.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

My personal best that “*you* have driven to a single show” is one (1) bus. If I had a RHD bus, and one of my LHD buses, and removed the respective drivers doors of each, I think I might could drive two to a single show. Letting the clutches out in a synchronized fashion would be the tricky part I think. Smile

If they can join two P-51’s together, I bet two buses would be doable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_F-82_Twin_Mustang
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Technically, I only drove four of them to and from the show, as I had help for the others. I did drive them all on saturday while getting them staged. They all run, but only half of them are really good drivers. Most of them were even registered and insured. I didn't wrench on any of them on show day. Just turned the keys and drove.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Very cool, that is a lot of Buses at one show! Bob may be the only one to have more...maybe?

I have had 2 Buses at one show many times, 3 VWs once.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Cool as hell Lind Cool
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Lind and I as well as a few others have been honored to drive Type 2's for "BBT Bob" many times, always a blast cruising in Europe in his fleet. I've been a guest driver for him for over two decades now, and I've driven that incredible 1958 Double Door, double flipper seat, walk-thru 23 window Deluxe a bunch as well as his 1965 swiveling extension ladder truck many times. So many times that I can even set it all up for display at H-O or B.C. Bob's the BEST!

BIll
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

Bulli Brigade 2018 both my camper and standard both made the roughly 2000 mile round trip voyage.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: What is the most buses you have driven to a single show? Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Lind wrote:

You need a hobby, Lind! Haha. Very cool.

He needs a bike and a big ramp.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: