Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

67 Bug Specific Details
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugslife453
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 67 Bug that is a pretty clean car. I am wanting to know did Bugs have high back or low back seats in 67? What style exterior door handles did they have and what sideview mirror. I thought this car came with the wrong seats (high back) but am not sure because I've seen both.

Thanks for the help.
sgmalt46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

on the seats low back. 2 different styles in 67 depending when built. 68 was first high back. exterior handle round button. side view round 101 mirror .I have seen oval shape as well ? I knew of and original owner 67 in my youth. pretty sure it had the 101? post a pic of your car and let the 67 freaks pick it apart. Popcorn a lot of 67 only and 1/2 year only parts.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

66 beetle
71 square back (sold) ! good luck with it Henry!
46 beetle 552nd royal army service corps CCG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

I agree with sgmalt46. I’m old enough to have bought a new 67 in 67. Low back seats definitely with release at bottom. About midway thru they came out with the release button on the upper side of the front seats. My car came with ghe round rear view mirror but there were definitely oval mirrors on the lot. So both were available.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

Lowback seats, round side view mirrors....to my best recollection.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

110% of your questions can be answered.. here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187814
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bugslife453
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the information. This car was hit hard on the driver side front in the past which caused me to believe the doors may have been changed, however, it could be just incorrect door handles and side view mirror since the doors are the original color under the badly executed repaint. It will never be a factory original car, not my thing, but I like to at least know what I'm looking at. Much appreciated.
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 67 Bug Specific Details Reply with quote

Rear view mirror Left door hinge Part Number 113 857 513 A was/is Factor correct for perhaps 7 years applicable to/for models 111, 113, 115, 117 and 151 through Chassis Number 117 999 000 Model Year 1967. Early on the Standard model mirror was Part Number 111 857 513 A (perhaps painted and not chrome). Through the years Volkswagen assimilated the chrome 113 857 513 A part number to also apply for the Standard model. Images here are taken from 1962 Parts List; same appears in later Parts List as well as microfiche Parts List and Volkswagen Accessory catalog for 101. Garwood states Volkswagen began installing outside mirrors from factory 1961. They were part of inventory from factory likely stored in glove box and were supposed to be installed at dealer destination. Other than from factory ones placed in the glove box or wherever by Volkswagen in Germany and outside of aftermarket pieces there were few choices to choose from. The original 101 mirrors Part Numbers ZVW 151 101/101C and ZVW 151 105/105C round and tear-drop were Genuine Volkswagen accessories (Volkswagen of America) and likely sold for more money than the stock from factory mirror! So, if all the countless accounts of odd and different mirrors being mounted on new vehicles are true a fair question could be what happened to the Factory installed mirror during the voyage from Germany? Did the stevedores and dock workers abscond with them or mechanics from the dealership? Perhaps they were stolen from dealership lots and or showrooms! I purchased my 1967 in December 1966 and it came with the correct left mirror. The mirror remained on it during shipping from the United Kingdom in 1969 but several other items stored in the vehicle were stolen. If one installed a threaded hinge pin one could order/buy and use as an accessory in the USA and other countries the Right hinge pin mounted mirror for RHD countries Part Number 114 857 513 A the perfect match for the left side! On more than one occasion down through the years my Right mirror has been deftly stolen. If all the sea stories hold water, then there may be thousands of retired Great Granddaddy stevedores/longshoremen hoarding a passel of Genuine Volkswagen mirrors. Part Number 113 857 513 A can be identified by the Part Number on the mirror stem inside bottom and there are no screws anywhere on it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: