Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Budget $99 NAPA awning.
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Budget $99 NAPA awning. Reply with quote

Not bad for $99 includes free shipping. Some people with AAA purchasing for $90.

I used the awning mounts that were already on my EVC. Original awning bounced off while bouncing around on fire roads.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTSA2525?partTy...put=awning
Saturn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Budget $99 NAPA awning. Reply with quote

guggenheim wrote:
Not bad for $99 includes free shipping. Some people with AAA purchasing for $90.

I used the awning mounts that were already on my EVC. Original awning bounced off while bouncing around on fire roads.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTSA2525?partTy...put=awning

Looks like a great fit on your EVC.

This NAPA deal was posted on the Vanagon forum about a week and half ago and I ordered one of these a week ago for my EVC. It was suppose to arrive yesterday but somehow it just didn't make it the last 50 feet to my door. Received an email (at 2:23pm) saying it had been delivered, I saw the email on my phone about 15 minutes later which puzzled me as signature was required for delivery and no one had knocked on my door. Went outside, looked around and there was not a 8 foot long, 25lbs package to be found.

Checked the order to make sure there wasn't a typo and all shipping info was correct. Next step was to submit a claim to UPS which was submitted less than 30 minutes after the supposed delivery. Went out again to look at the neighboring houses and then saw a UPS truck a couple doors down. Inquired with the driver who said something of that length would be handled by the oversized package truck. After walking up and down my street again, figured it was a lost cause. Just before 4pm, received an email from UPS stating my claim had been reviewed stating "We have been unable to provide satisfactory proof of delivery for the shipment". Amazed on how quick on the response back, now I have to figure out how long it will be until I get my refund. Ended up ordering another one later in the evening.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Budget $99 NAPA awning. Reply with quote

I think after Westy's by the West River I need two of these.. One for my EV & one for my Bay.. What's the website?? Thanks Bill in Vt but headed to PR soon
Saturn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Budget $99 NAPA awning. Reply with quote

volkybus wrote:
I think after Westy's by the West River I need two of these.. One for my EV & one for my Bay.. What's the website?? Thanks Bill in Vt but headed to PR soon

This is the direct link for the Napa website: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTSA2525 The closest store to me (Evans Ave in SF) had it listed at $106 and the AAA discount was just a couple dollars. I changed store location and found another near-ish-by store listing it at $99.99 and with the AAA discount took it down to $89.99 with free shipping.

The second one I ordered just arrived yesterday, waiting to get the refund on my initial order.

gesoffen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Budget $99 NAPA awning. Reply with quote

Anyone have any info on appropriate mounting brackets? I had decided on the Fiamma F45S for my '03 EVW but considering there is an 10X delta in price, its hard to pass up the deal at NAPA.

My thought is to use a Fiamma compatible mounting kit (e.g. GoWesty or similar) and adapt it for use on this NAPA awning. That way, if the low cost awning doesnt stand the test of time, I can spring for the Fiamma at a later date and not have to modify the mounting system (i.e. not drill any more holes in the side of the van for the top mounts at least).
Saturn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Budget NAPA Awning Reply with quote

As an FYI, these Napa awnings are back in stock (at least out here in CA) but no longer in the double digits.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTSA2525
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Budget NAPA Awning Reply with quote

Saturn wrote:
As an FYI, these Napa awnings are back in stock (at least out here in CA) but no longer in the double digits.

No <bleep>! $159.99 !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Budget NAPA Awning Reply with quote

Saturn wrote:

Sent you a PM inquiring about parts from your former awning (if any still exist).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: