Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

12th Annual Family Bus trip
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Shonandb wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:
I have another post or two to finish this up. I’ll work on it tomorrow. I got a little side tracked and broke my ankle a couple days ago windsurfing. First real injury I’ve had in 40 years of hardcore windsurfing.
Looks like some surgery and healing time ahead but I can’t wait to get back to it. Confused

Yikes! Foot a little too deep in the footstrap while trying something unique or just a bad landing on a forward?

Great pics and your trip sounded great. Just got away for a week to Salt Spring Island up here in BC. Should've brought my windsurfing gear as there were a few days that were sailable. Had the canoe though and saw some beautiful places.

Real windy day and cranking a lay down turn in the swell, rig hit the water and stopped everything and I kept going forward with the front foot still in the strap. It bent a lot until it popped. Got two screws put in last Wednesday and on the mend. Surprisingly it’s never really hurt, before or after the surgery. It should heal fine but no more sailing this year.
We’ve been to Salt Spring Is. We did all our shopping at the end of peoples driveways. Been to Gabriola Is too (sp?) Gulf Islands are beautiful. One of our trip videos is from that trip.
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

71whitewesty wrote:
Shonandb wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:
I have another post or two to finish this up. I’ll work on it tomorrow. I got a little side tracked and broke my ankle a couple days ago windsurfing. First real injury I’ve had in 40 years of hardcore windsurfing.
Looks like some surgery and healing time ahead but I can’t wait to get back to it. Confused

Yikes! Foot a little too deep in the footstrap while trying something unique or just a bad landing on a forward?

Great pics and your trip sounded great. Just got away for a week to Salt Spring Island up here in BC. Should've brought my windsurfing gear as there were a few days that were sailable. Had the canoe though and saw some beautiful places.

Real windy day and cranking a lay down turn in the swell, rig hit the water and stopped everything and I kept going forward with the front foot still in the strap. It bent a lot until it popped. Got two screws put in last Wednesday and on the mend. Surprisingly it’s never really hurt, before or after the surgery. It should heal fine but no more sailing this year.
We’ve been to Salt Spring Is. We did all our shopping at the end of peoples driveways. Been to Gabriola Is too (sp?) Gulf Islands are beautiful. One of our trip videos is from that trip.

Ouch! Heal well and you'll be back at it in no time. Is everything back to normal in the Gorge now or are people still staying away? Dana Miller has been getting some great conditions down in Pistol River but I think it will be 2022 before we can get back down there again even if the border opens up in mid August.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Shonandb wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:
Shonandb wrote:
71whitewesty wrote:

Ouch! Heal well and you'll be back at it in no time. Is everything back to normal in the Gorge now or are people still staying away? Dana Miller has been getting some great conditions down in Pistol River but I think it will be 2022 before we can get back down there again even if the border opens up in mid August.

It's in full swing here, more crowded than ever actually. And wingers are taking over! Several Canadians have "shipped" their vehicle across the boarder and then they fly over the boarder in helicopters, less than a 5 min ride, because you can fly here no prob, just can't drive. Work arounds.... Laughing
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

I have a favor to ask. I can never figure out to embed the video. Can someone do it for me? I've googled it etc and I cannot get it to work right... thanks.

That said for the 12th year in a row I present to you our family road trip video. This is the second year my son has taken over the editing. He's getting distracted with teenager stuff so it took longer than normal to get it finished. It's also longer than some too so grab a snack and hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmnpTeB9nuI
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Thanks Xevin, I almost sent you a text this morning for instructions. Laughing
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Epic!
’65 Deluxe Build
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Awesome! How's the ankle healing up?
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

71whitewesty wrote:
Thanks Xevin, I almost sent you a text this morning for instructions. Laughing

I’ll text you. I think I know what your issue is. Looking forward to the video 😎

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
panic_fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Great video as always and also nice collection of tunes.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291988&highlight=

"Still learnin the way around my VW bay"
Teal Bay Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

Shonandb wrote:
Awesome! How's the ankle healing up?

Ankle is about 90%. It's taking longer than I expected to heal completely. But I can bike and snowboard. I haven't windsurfed on it yet but I am sure I can. It's slow but still getting a bit better each day. Thanks for asking!
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
Loftus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 12th Annual Family Bus trip Reply with quote

That was an awesome idea for family road trip to document it like that. Well done Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: