Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatWhiteNorth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

After 29 years the 1992 Volkswagen Eurovan CV I own was in a 3rd party shop and after the timing blet kit and thermostat and water pump change they put in green coolant fluid, not the Volkswagen stuff. Is that bad? Should I dump it and put the original VW type in?
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

A reputable shop in Tucson AZ did that with me. After a discussion with their mechanic I was convinced it was fine, and a lot more readily available in case you need to service in the future. Otherwise drain flush and fill with pentosin G11[/url]
GreatWhiteNorth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

subdewd wrote:
A reputable shop in Tucson AZ did that with me. After a discussion with their mechanic I was convinced it was fine, and a lot more readily available in case you need to service in the future. Otherwise drain flush and fill with pentosin G11[/url]

OK. Not sure what I will decide to do. Obviously no issues for you after the change...good to know. Thank you
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

Been 3 years and 50k miles so far. I considered doing a flush and changing but then I though about servicing it on the road, figured better off to leave it. Getting green is no problem. Mostly use my vehicle for cross country extended trips
GreatWhiteNorth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

Well I had the VW dealership flush the green out and G13 is back in it.
All good.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1992 CL Westfalia - Coolant Type Reply with quote

Green stuff is roughly 2 year coolant, vw coolants are 5 year coolants.

Convenience and economy tip the scales to the Vw stuff but either will work fine with the car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: